yes Al has been off for a few weeks so he wanted to announce his comeback
We all have our pet peeves… mine these days is class D and perhaps amps without tubes in general :eek: … perhaps I just like the bias required to run valves, thinking (as always) we are all just works in progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: morricab
We all have our pet peeves… mine these days is class D and perhaps amps without tubes in general :eek: … perhaps I just like the bias required to run valves lol… perhaps we are all just works in progress.

Sonic preference is very different from making the same arguments against videos for last 4 years

Sonic preference is very different from making the same arguments against videos for last 4 years
Sonic preference is very different to all of us.. no matter what. Nothing is right or wrong. Most important is to enjoy what’s sounds best for ones own preference, right?!?

Reactions: Pokey77 and hogen
Last edited:
For me better sharing a video on a shared medium like an iPhone than just believing some hyperbole filled self proclamation post about what is happening in someone’s systems… lord save us from night and day differences syndrome…

And those videos almost always turn me off. Oh *that's* the sound you are enthusiastically talking about? Yeah, well...there goes the hyperbole, indeed. It's like the air is let out of the balloon.

I very much appreciate even a limited objective glimpse shared in Ron’s video. Btw very nice Ron! Sounding good!

Indeed, great sounding video, I appreciate it as well. Well done, Ron!

• Wow
Reactions: Johan K
And those videos almost always turn me off.
yes this has been documented by you for four years to the point of boredom and zero value addition to the forum. Welcome back to your disruptive ways of derailing a thread! Every time you promised you wouldn’t do it again…well leopard and spots

Last edited:
  • Wow
?

With Phil Ressler (213cobra) I just completed my first tube swap: matched pair of Telefunken ECC 801Ss for 12AT7s in the Siegfried IIs.

Well, I hear a difference! The piano is less bright and "tinkly" and more natural sounding!

Now I'm excited to put special Telefunken tubes in the preamp!

Thanks very much to Phil for visiting tonight and hearing the Pendragons for the first time, and for giving me his initial impressions and advice!
Mildly surprised by this as I have invariably found Telefunkens to impart a somewhat more * Brightly Lit* presentation especially where compared with Mullards

Videos are a very polarized topic
I love videos and have leaned plenty from them
yet to some it’s hated so. Kedar sends me videos all the time and wow they are amazing.
to make my point these are world class top of the mountain systems , if not for his videos I would never have seen or heard them.
And it’s not just his many are kind to share and I thank them all.
to say they are boring is insulting to me , BUT we each have a view to be respected
my buck three eighty view

Videos may not let us hear as if we were there
But if the video is done well you know many aspects of that system
Ron has been kind enough to share a few how many were great ?
to me his tape on two sets of speakers was great
now all
Seemed good but not at that level this is what a video can let us hear. to have the stand out as he did tells me what it can do.
Kedar sent me a few that are amazing and some from others not good to me. but we can tell what maybe missing or not set up well

yes this has been documented by you for four years to the point of boredom and zero value addition to the forum. Welcome back to your disruptive ways of derailing a thread! Every time you promised you wouldn’t do it again…well leopard and spots

Actually, I made a compliment to Ron about his video -- on his thread. No derailment there. Sure I should not have made a snide comment about other videos, but I didn't start a disruptive discussion in defense of those. It was you and others. So if you stop, the derailment of the thread stops.

Actually, I made a compliment to Ron about his video -- on his thread. No derailment there. Sure I should not have made a snide comment about other videos, but I didn't start a disruptive discussion in defense of those. It was you and others. So if you stop, the derailment of the thread stops.

yes and used that post for your usual agenda. You wished him no compliment, it was a just a conduit for you to say what you always wanted to about iPhone videos. Stop being dishonest

yes and used that post for your usual agenda. You wished him no compliment, it was a just a conduit for you to say what you always wanted to about iPhone videos. Stop being dishonest

No, Ked, I honestly wished to compliment Ron. I was genuinely and positively surprised about the quality of the video and delighted about what it suggests as to the sound of the system. It doesn't speak to your character if you suggest more sinister motivations.

No, Ked, I honestly wished to compliment Ron. I was genuinely and positively surprised about the quality of the video and delighted about what it suggests as to the sound of the system. It doesn't speak to your character if you suggest more sinister motivations.

you are lying.

These are your comments the first two where you complimented him:

“Most of the other videos on WBF sound pretty bad and embarrassing,

I suppose you used real mikes for this recording, and not an iPhone?

And those videos almost always turn me off. Oh *that's* the sound you are enthusiastically talking about? Yeah, well...there goes the hyperbole, indeed. It's like the air is let out of the balloon.”

You had no interest in complimenting his system

• Wow
66507C1E-DF47-4B61-8F1B-3C783700E42F.jpeg

I think actually these are Mullards I must've gotten for the input stage of the VTL amps. But there is no discernible writing on the inside on the tube. Does MM stand for Mullard?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu