andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
KRONOS is the bling bling champion .
Is that done on purpose to distract ( from the sound )?? :confused:

I think Rons new TT is a nice design , i saw loads of TTs in munich , mechancal wise i love the Techdas AF 1

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
does that answer it?
Your opinion regarding personal aesthetics and your most considered reply ? … I think so, as you say , you own Wadax ;)
That said, for my part aesthetics were not my primary consideration , rather more so the fundamentals of the turntable.

I am curious as to why the AS-2000 does not feature in your current stable of turntables as I thought that you had acquired one .

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I love the smooth marble type look of the NVS, the slate look of the Saskia (OMA had a similar slate lenco and Garrard which were great looking, I thought better in looks than the Artisan Fidelity ones which are also excellent looking). I like the looks of CS port, micro seiki (both the 5 and 8000 type as well as the BL 111). The AS 2000 textured steel body is beautiful as well. Looks of Garrard can be gorgeous depending on plinth

I don’t like looks of Dohmann, Techdas, Reed. or Kuzma, TW Raven, Verdier. EMT 927 is very nice looking in an industrial way. I like the looks of Grand Prix Parabolica but not the bigger models (maybe the cuteness of the small one is lost when it gets bigger). I actually like Kronos looks. What's not to like being hypnotized by 2 spinning platters? One never grabs my attention

With Vyger, there is a substantial difference between the looks of Atlantis and Indian in terms of how I perceive it vidually. I think the Indian looks substantial and great by crossing that extreme border and coming out at the other end. I have seen it placed in the middle of the giant Yamamura horns and it stole the show because the light was shining on its gleaming body. Looked awesome in the dark that way, but you need to use the light accordingly.

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Reactions: Scott Naylor

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Imagine waking up in the night and seeing someone standing there

08865839-2572-415B-82C4-13A3B73FA76B.jpeg

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Your opinion regarding personal aesthetics and your most considered reply ? … I think so, as you say , you own Wadax ;)
That said, for my part aesthetics were not my primary consideration , rather more so the fundamentals of the turntable.
obviously i decided to buy the VYGER Indian and fully appreciated the performance, before i changed my mind, so we agree on that.
I am curious as to why the AS-2000 does not feature in your current stable of turntables as I thought that you had acquired one .
in 2018, 6 months after paying a 50% deposit and ordering an AS-2000, i changed my mind based on a couple reasons. a combination of my NVS improving by adding the Taiko Tana platform to it, and 'all my eggs in one basket' concerns. i got most of my deposit back, but agreed to not disclose the cancelation for 6 months at ddk's request. at which point i did post about my order cancelation. you are not the first person who missed that disclosure.

i continue to admire the AS-2000 and 18 months ago or so ago briefly flirted again with acquiring one. i'm very high on it. but also very happy with my tt's.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagonda

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
obviously i decided to buy the VYGER Indian and fully appreciated the performance, before i changed my mind, so we agree on that.

in 2018, 6 months after paying a 50% deposit and ordering an AS-2000, i changed my mind based on a couple reasons. a combination of my NVS improving by adding the Taiko Tana platform to it, and 'all my eggs in one basket' concerns. i got most of my deposit back, but agreed to not disclose the cancelation for 6 months at ddk's request. at which point i did post about my order cancelation. you are not the first person who missed that disclosure.

i continue to admire the AS-2000 and 18 months ago or so ago briefly flirted again with acquiring one. i'm very high on it. but also very happy with my tt's.
Ahhhhh , my apologies as I had indeed missed those intelligences Mike … well … one can but console oneself that you are not entirely ‘ ‘slumming it’ where turntables are concerned these days … a superb collation of design and engineering not to mention aesthetics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Lavigne

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
if you do buy a new table I highly sakora every time I’ve heard a table of there’s it’s analog magic very dynamic and clean.
Sikora, excellent table :cool:

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
I like the looks of Grand Prix Parabolica but not the bigger models (maybe the cuteness of the small one is lost when it gets bigger).

Fwiw, the Parabolica is very very close in size to the Monaco -- they are both very compact. Biggest visual difference: the Parabolica has its controller internally, the Monaco has an external controller. Other differences are obvious if you are close.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Fwiw, the Parabolica is very very close in size to the Monaco -- they are both very compact. Biggest visual difference: the Parabolica has its controller internally, the Monaco has an external controller. Other differences are obvious if you are close.

Never saw them next to each other, but when I saw the Parabolica, visually the small compact size had its own appeal.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Never saw them next to each other, but when I saw the Parabolica, visually the small compact size had its own appeal.

From measurement and specs, the Monaco is maybe a quarter-inch smaller in diameter than the Parabolica. I suspect the slightly larger size of the Parabolica is due to its internal controller and external touch control. Alvin Lloyd did not come out of a traditional audio background, he came from the F1 and Indy Car world of hyper precision.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
From measurement and specs, the Monaco is maybe a quarter-inch smaller in diameter than the Parabolica. I suspect the slightly larger size of the Parabolica is due to its internal controller and external touch control. Alvin Lloyd did not come out of a traditional audio background, he came from the F1 and Indy Car world of hyper precision.

Ok, maybe it was how it was placed in the room that made it look smaller relative to the rack etc. It looked nice and compact.

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
With Vyger, there is a substantial difference between the looks of Atlantis and Indian in terms of how I perceive it vidually. I think the Indian looks substantial and great by crossing that extreme border and coming out at the other end. I have seen it placed in the middle of the giant Yamamura horns and it stole the show because the light was shining on its gleaming body. Looked awesome in the dark that way, but you need to use the light accordingly.

Reactions: Bobvin

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
The new 1/2" thick, 24" wide acoustic absorption panels have arrived.

IMG_6377.jpeg

IMG_6376.jpeg

And the 1" thick, 30" wide panels moved to replace the 2"panels on the side walls.

IMG_6378.jpeg

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Red Hot Ray Brown Trio "That's All"
Shure MV88+

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing