Put me on the list when the Brinkmann arrives
Steve, you beat me to it! I visited Ron last week and absolutely loved his set-up and amazing room. Ron, thanks for the hospitality and the privilege of hearing master tapes on your Studer. We all wish you many hours of joy and thrills from your system!

Last edited:
Reactions: Al M. and Pokey77
Steve, you beat me to it! I visited Ron last week and absolutely loved his set-up and amazing room. Ron, thanks for the hospitality and the privilege of hearing master tapes on your Studer. We all wish you many hours of joy and thrills from your system!

Thank you, Gary! It was fun to host you!

Reactions: Pokey77
Ruta of Reed informed me that my 5T is almost finished. This turntable project may be coming together sooner than expected!
I'm curious as to how long you have waited form the date you placed the 5T order?

As digital goes, I still don't understand it, and I still cannot explain it, but somehow the Lampizator stuff just works for me.

Can you sum up what about the Lampi sound resulted in its purchase versus other DACs you auditioned? I may have missed some of your assessments as I've tried to read the many threads on DAC comparisons.

I'm curious as to how long you have waited form the date you placed the 5T order?

It was only one month from the time I formally placed the order to the time that Ruta wrote me that the 5T was ready to be shipped to me.

It was only one month from the time I formally placed the order to the time that Ruta wrote me that the 5T was ready to be shipped to me.
Thank you, Ron.

I have no place to put the HRS platform except on the floor. But I reckon that having the turntable on the floor will not make for very convenient turntable operation. And J.R. is a tall guy. I'm not sure he can align the cartridges from a lying down prone sniper position.

So I have commissioned Peter Noerbaek of PBN Audio to fabricate a custom stand which he can powdercoat a color that pretty closely matches the silver edge trim of the HRS platform.
Ron, I would love to see J.R. sniper-align your cartridge.. as I’ve heard he’s the only man in the world with periscopic-microscopic vision? :D !!!

Btw: Your HRS platform looks awesome!

/ Jk

Morning to all. I had the pleasure of spending yesterday afternoon with Ron at his house and to hear his wonderful system. Its been several years since I had been to Ron's house so it was wonderful to start the visit with a tour of Ron's house. What an absolutely beautiful job he did of his home as it is now almost completely renovated and Ron has spared no details.Kudos Ron for a 7 year exercise in restoring the beauty to your home after the adversities. Last time I was there I had to walk across a plank to get in the front door as they were building a moat around the house to fix the water leak from the hill adjacent to his side of the house. Everything was almost complete. Ron's listening room has been virtually completed 3 months ago and Ron has done a beautiful job of assembling his speakers, wiring and electronics where all the wire has been tastefully hidden. As for the man servant who will change records, this is all of a 5 step trek into the room where all of his front end components are. Ron is using a vintage Denon turntable as his Brinkmann Balance has arrived in California so I am betting that will be the next set up for Ron.We played several records all of which I am very foamier and even through this inexpensive TT the sound was very good. What I thought to be superb was listening to Ro's Studer A820 and many of his excellent tapes.They sounded beautiful. And much to everyone's delight Ron has a Lampi Baltic 4 and an Innocuous Streamer powered by a LPS. I thought Ron's digital setup for him (who is a confirmed analoguephile) was very good. I have read where Ron and guests initially complained of brightness. I heard none if that yesterday. The speakers are drop dead gorgeous and Ron is now in the process of dialing everything in. The system was very good and has great potential. I think dialing in a system such as this does not happen overnight but knowing Ron's determination it will happen. The trick is that the front of his room is 14'6" tall but by the kitchen side of the room the ceiling IIRC is 9 feet tall. This resulted in 2 too modes that Ron has tamed using a piece of equipment I have never heard of call AVAA. This apparently searches out the offending room modes and somehow tames them. He had one in the 2 front corners and another in the center behind the listening chair.
It was a fun afternoon and a big thank you to Ron who has waited years to assemble this system. It was good to see the glow in his eyes as the result of his incredible work to bring this all to fruition. There is no doubt more to come as he continues to fine tune his system. The room and system is simply beautiful and so well thought out that I would encourage anyone who is in the area to ask Ron for an audition. You won't be disappointed. I am looking forward to my next trip back to hear the Brinkmann Balance. Thank you Ron and the grin on your face is well deserved
Steve,

Great report of Ron’s beautiful system?! I wish I could have joined you guys ;) !

/ Jk

In other personal news . . . eight years of house repairs has come to an end. The cars are back in the garage. The guest-room is ready for guests. The gym is ready for exercise. The bathrooms are ready for showers. The outdoor deck is ready for pool parties and entertaining.

Tinka is ecstatic that for the first time since she has known me we have a couch in the living room to sit down on.

IMG_8016.jpeg

In other personal news . . . eight years of house repairs has come to an end. The cars are back in the garage. The guest-room is ready for guests. The gym is ready for exercise. The bathrooms are ready for showers. The outdoor deck is ready for pool parties and entertaining.

Tinka is ecstatic that for the first time since she has known me we have a couch in the living room to sit down on.

View attachment 114398
what a journey!

big congrats at hanging in there seeing it all the way through. :)

Reactions: Pokey77 and Al M.

View attachment 114398
Hmmm - did it look like this in the past? Dig that Space Age TV in the coffee table! :D

1960s Cocktail Party.jpg

Congratulations Ron!

Beautiful artwork. I assume that is Chihuly? Just gorgeous.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

View attachment 114398
Looks great Ron, must be lovely to get some retreat and serenity back in at home, big house renovations can take it out of you.

Thank you very much, Mike, Pokey and Tao!

View attachment 114398
Looks tres cool and very chic.....Like the Art on the wall and ceiling.... How did Tinka's Home Theater project turn out?

View attachment 114398
YOU MEAN SHE LETS YOU SIT ON THE COUCH. What a princess.

How did Tinka's Home Theater project turn out?

Thank you for asking!

The four (4) foot length ceiling/loft extension was probably the most expensive construction per square foot in Los Angeles history, but we are very happy with the result.

IMG_8023.jpeg

IMG_8024.jpeg

This is Lola and me watching "The Covenant," with Jake Gyllenhaal.

We re-purposed a small bedroom as a gym. (The wide-angle photo makes the room look a lot bigger than it really is.)

IMG_8026.jpeg

Congratulations Ron!

Beautiful artwork. I assume that is Chihuly? Just gorgeous.

Thank you! It is a copy of a Chihuly.

Reactions: Pokey77

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing