We re-purposed a small bedroom as a gym. (The wide-angle photo makes the room look a lot bigger than it really is.)

View attachment 114404
Ron,

Do you use the Jacobsladder to climb to the heavens once in a while, or are there real Angels coming down on that ladder, haha?
Or do you actually use it as a stargate to better shape… Moohahaha..???

Cheers

/ Jk

Spectacular Ron! Enjoy home sweet home!

Reactions: Pokey77
Ron,

Do you use the Jacobsladder to climb to the heavens once in a while

My Jacobs Ladder must be broken. No matter how long I walk on it I never seem to rise in elevation.

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K
We re-purposed a small bedroom as a gym. (The wide-angle photo makes the room look a lot bigger than it really is.)

what you need in there is a squat cage and a bench. And any machine to increase your base cardio and VO2 max.

given that after 60 you start losing muscle with danger of Sarcopenia after 70, this is the key time.

any of these coaches near Beverly Hills will help you get seriously strong (like 3x in 6 months if not more depending on your base) and you can use their teachings at home with a squat cage. It will also increase your glycolytic capacity a lot

Last edited:
what you need in there is a squat cage and a bench. And any machine to increase your base cardio and VO2 max.

given that after 60 you start losing muscle with danger of Sarcopenia after 70, this is the key time.

any of these coaches near Beverly Hills will help you get seriously strong (like 3x in 6 months if not more depending on your base) and you can use their teachings at home with a squat cage. It will also increase your glycolytic capacity a lot

I go to my local gym and do some relatively heavy lifting. Bench, lats, rows, shoulder press/inclined dumbells and a whole suite of leg workout. For cardio, interval training on the stationary bike or swimming (also with sets of interval training). That gives the biggest cardio bang for the time spent.

This is very true but varies between us. I am a life long runner was gym rat for many years. no Matter genetics is individual my running is different but only cause I’ve lessened the workout
now muscle mass is another story but it’s did believe we all need to workout out bodies over all. I now use a trike to do cardio love this outdoor workout

This is very true but varies between us. I am a life long runner was gym rat for many years. no Matter genetics is individual my running is different but only cause I’ve lessened the workout
now muscle mass is another story but it’s did believe we all need to workout out bodies over all. I now use a trike to do cardio love this outdoor workout
I just lift heavy amps… ;)

i do outdoors when I do 5k, whichbut was doing under 24 mins outdoors (under 22 indoors) but lately I have started doing zone 2 and VO2 max for cardio. Will check my improvement in 3 months to see if it works.

Zone 2 is very low intensity cardio, so difficult to do outdoors as even a slight uphill can make you cross the border to zone 3. It requires flat ground or steady state machine. 5k jogs were zone 4

VO2 max is 3 to 4 min sustained internal at almost max heart rate, 1:1 rest period, 4 times.

At the mo just testing out this split and its benefits.

Reactions: ACHiPo
Gentlemen,

Please feel free to start an exercise thread and discuss elsewhere your exercise regimens.

Thank you.

Thank you for asking!

The four (4) foot length ceiling/loft extension was probably the most expensive construction per square foot in Los Angeles history, but we are very happy with the result.

View attachment 114401

View attachment 114403

This is Lola and me watching "The Covenant," with Jake Gyllenhaal.
Are you running a "Perf" screen, with your Left/Center/Right behind the perforated screen?.

Are you running a "Perf" screen, with your Left/Center/Right behind the perforated screen?.

Yes, exactly. Tinka wanted the home theater to be as empty of visible components as possible.

Seems a tad mean since you paid your share of it ;)

I had nothing to do with the design of the home theater, and I agreed with making it as simple as possible. I am not a videophile.

what is the cinema system, Ron...you never mention it..poor thing...

That's because I didn't design it, and I don't really know what's in it.

Sony 665ES projector
Stewart perforated screen
Anthem MRX 740 processor
Sony Blu-ray disc player
B&W in-wall speakers
JL Audio 12" subwoofers
Araknis Network AN-110
Panamax MR4300

Reactions: christoph
In other personal news . . . eight years of house repairs has come to an end. The cars are back in the garage. The guest-room is ready for guests. The gym is ready for exercise. The bathrooms are ready for showers. The outdoor deck is ready for pool parties and entertaining.

Tinka is ecstatic that for the first time since she has known me we have a couch in the living room to sit down on.

View attachment 114398
Ron2.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing