SA-9 Transformer Replacement

analyzer

May 20, 2016
Torino - Italy
In the past I had an SA-9 and a rare SA-9 "junior" built for me by Mike Elliott. Mine worked regularly in these years and unfortunatly I no longer have schematics in order to help you but I know that in late years of Activity held by Mike Elliott under the brand "Altavista audio" all replacement and upgraded Transformers have bene made by Plitron in Canada.
I Will search in my papers if I can find exact code and values. May be useful for you.
My best
Marco

Dec 4, 2018
Thanks Marco.
I got Michael to repair and update my SA-9 years ago. Should have replaced the Transformers then. I think I have the schematics but need to check. Don't know about the Plitron part number though.
Regards
Robert

Apr 7, 2018
I sometimes wish I still had my SA-5000. loved that preamp And can only imagine how good the SA-9 must be.

George

Dec 4, 2018
The SA-9 is great but the transformers are noisy. Having the potentiometer bypassed by Michael made a big difference for the better.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing