Sablon power cords

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Thank you! I value the tonal density of your cable immensely. I wish I could hear what the King would do...but it is a US plug unfortunately, and I am loathe to change all the outlets. Presume there is no Bocchino plug for UK?
Not sure if it is legal to uise USwall sockets in the UK but here in HK we mostly use US sockets whereas the standard is UK. I find the US sockets much easier to use as the cables come straight out at right angles.

Sablon Audio

Industry Expert, VIP Donor
May 22, 2015
Thank you! I value the tonal density of your cable immensely. I wish I could hear what the King would do...but it is a US plug unfortunately, and I am loathe to change all the outlets. Presume there is no Bocchino plug for UK?
No, just USA format Lloyd though you do still have scope to upgrade yours with some platinum iec and SR Purple fuses.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
No, just USA format Lloyd though you do still have scope to upgrade yours with some platinum iec and SR Purple fuses.
Thanks, Mark...does Silver have greater density than Platinum? And how does SR Purple compare with the SR Orange that you've placed in each of the ones we have?

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Yes Silver has more density but less definition. Platinum is more linear, precise, extended, transparent but not thin. Think cabernet v merlot.

SR Purple, I don’t have personal experience of but plenty of praise elsewhere on this site.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can you make that comparo in terms of beer?

Reactions: MarkusBarkus

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes Silver has more density but less definition. Platinum is more linear, precise, extended, transparent but not thin. Think cabernet v merlot.

SR Purple, I don’t have personal experience of but plenty of praise elsewhere on this site.
Thank you! I think we will keep Silver but may consider Purple over Orange at some point if you rate it...presumably you are going to be offering this in your Prince if requested?

Reactions: M27HF

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Interestingly Mark, I'm a Bitter man (but not bitter Lol) over lager...unless I'm at Audiophile Bill's.
I'm finding that a mix of Platinum and Silver Princes is working in my setup.
Platinum outstanding on cdp not so much on Straingauge cart energizer lps, and good on the Salvation tt-SOTA motor-Farad lps.
Silver Princes already good on preamp and 211 monos.
I may stick w this balance, plus a Silver Prince to Straingauge lps, and a couple of Silver Princes to my Zu sub amps.

Last edited:

VoicesInMyHead

Apr 7, 2018
Sweden
When the Sablon Audio 2020 USB cable was introduced I got very curious and decided to give it a try. At that time it was better than every USB cable I had tried until then but I didn't think so much more about it, I was very happy with it. With time I've grown more and more curious about also trying some other Sablon cables, maybe they could be "affordable" or "good value", after all that USB cable was pretty good.

With the new Evo cables being introduced my perspective and view of Sablon cables have changed quite drastically, it's actually not just "affordable" or a "good value" for your money. It's more like the best freaking cables I've ever tried! (and then I'm also trying hard to not exaggerate). Every Sablon cable I put in my system takes me one gigantic step closer to my preference of a very organic, natural, alive and vivid sound character. To me there's something very special happening with these cables and it's not like when I've tried and compared other cables, shifting back and forth, maybe I can distinguish a small difference here and there, no, not at all like that, every time it's been more like "baaam!! what happened?!". :D

The addition of power cables is interesting, how they can impact the sound like they do, but I believe what happens with power cables is that it simply allows the electronic equipment to perform better (or less bad, depending how you look at it). Today I added 2 Prince Sablon cables, one platinum plated and one silver plated. Everything already sounds much bigger, more powerful, more deep and, and... more amazing! It's like I've bought a new DAC and amplifier, while I actually only changed the power cables for them. I believe that I simply hear more of my amplifier and more of my DAC. Maybe with power cables your mileage may vary depending on gear, I don't know, but as usual everything seems to matter.

So what's next? Full loom Sablon is definitely my goal, I can no longer deny that (yup, he got me! :rolleyes:). Maybe I thought that Mark did well on his USB cable as I was very disappointed with several established brands and their USB cables, maybe I still had some doubts if he was really up to the task of competing with some of the "real" cable manufacteurs with "real" cables. Well, I don't have any such doubts anymore. The only thing I perhaps regret is not trying more of his cables earlier, it could have saved me some time and money. Now I believe everyone should take everything they read online (and especially on hifi forums maybe) with a grain of salt and run through their own filters, but yes, I'm VERY impressed and excited by these cables as you might be able to tell. There's a lot of good cables out there, but these definitely swing high... very high!

2glory

Nov 24, 2020
The King is approaching my territory soon To dethrone the demo, well traveled, Prince.

I have high hopes it’s as good or better than my Hemingway Zcore Beta AC cables.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Nils

Dec 16, 2021
Northern Sweden
@Sablon Audio
I am hearing great things regarding both Prince and King from other Extreme-owners (in adjacent Extreme-thread)

I am currently running Shunyata Delta NR and I just concluded a demo-session at home with Shunyata Omega QR - it did not move the needle for the Extreme in any way (this was a bit surprising to me).

On the positive side - at the same time I auditioned Shunyata Sigma speaker cables and they did move the needle in a major way - have ordered those.

I am based in EU (Sweden) - is there any chance of a demo-cord finding it's way to me? I guess it must be Prince since I need a EU terminator.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

b345t

May 10, 2020
Hi Mark, Tarek here from Greece; eagerly awaiting the EVO USB tomorrow. If there is any way I could be on the list for a demo of a Prince, I would love to try it out in my system. Cheers

Sablon Audio

May 22, 2015
Spot the difference…..

627A8B80-5042-4FD1-A795-261CF0CC02BE.jpeg

The one on the right has the regular silver plate whereas the one on the left with the darker shade has a further coating of palladium. To my ear, this gives a nice uptick in clarity / linearity / liveliness / transparency whilst maintaining some of the density and sweetness of the silver model. A good allrounder and default option, not least of all for those using my Evo signal cables which have more tonal density than the earlier generations.

I’ve put a couple of demo examples into USA and Europe.

VoicesInMyHead

Apr 7, 2018
Sweden
Summer period is somewhat becoming a favourite period for me because then I usually have both the time and the possibility to do extensive loans and testings of different audio products. One of the first products that I was given the opportunity to test this year was the palladium plated Sablon Prince power cable mentioned above (European version).

I'm successfully adding Sablon cables one by one to my system, since before I have one platinum and one silver plated power cable for my amplifier and DAC (and all interconnects of course). I've not really compared these against each other, but I think it can be nice to have the possibility to have a slight different variations to alternate between different products.

I've been wondering about what a better cable would do to my server/streamer that is powered by a Sean Jacobs Unregulated ARC6 PSU and a Taiko Audio DC DC-ATX module on the inside. For some reason I've always prioritised amplifier and DAC when it comes to power cables, maybe that was a mistake, because I don't think I have ever heard such an improvement by swapping a single power cable even though I already have the other Sablon Prince cables in my system. Now, I can't say if the palladium version is any better or worse than these two, but the combination with my server/streamer and the synergy with the rest of my system was exquisite!

It's interesting with cables, I've been using this cable for some time now and today decided to do some back and forth comparing. I removed it and put my old Vertere Redline (with upgraded Furutech connectors, but still a different league in pricing) back in and actually... I felt that this is not bad at all, it sounds great, there's no problems at all "living" with this and I started to think that maybe I don't need to do this upgrade now, no need to rush things. Then I put the palladium Sablon Prince back again (this time not touching the volume) and got the exact same feeling as I remember my first impression of this cable. I NEED IT! There's simply NO going back! :D

I'm not great at describing what I hear in words, I'm more of an emotional guy when it comes to music and sound, I know what I like and usually don't try to over analyse things. I'm not sure there's really any need to pinpoint all the details here though, literally everything just got so much better, bigger, bolder and refined at the same time by this cable change in my system. Let's just say that I got my answers to what a better power cable would do to my server/streamer and that I keep being deeply impressed by these Sablon cables, they do surprisingly good things in my system.

Now I only wish this wasn't a demo cable that need to move on and I could just keep listening to music, but I guess all great things finally comes to and end.

Last edited:

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
i've been demo'ing the palladium over silver Sablon Prince on my Wadax Reference Server these past weeks, and it's been lovely sounding, especially the greater liquidity and subtle harmonics and timbral sparkle. a slight bit more 'expansive' and 'lively' too. this is in contrast to my long term and much loved reference, the Absolute Fidelity power cord.

soooo, ordered the palladium over silver 'King' which is now incoming. more of everything i'm told.

not sure i can swing the new Wadax Ref Server stand alone power supply, got to draw the line somewhere. hope this can suffice.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats, Mike. A big fan and owner of multiple Sablon Princes (we cannot use King owning to the plug inlet part not being designed/made by Bocchino). Have not tried Palladium though have spoken with Mark Coles about them.

Enjoy! Will be interesting to see if this decision leads to more Sablon Kings. For us, after owning PAD 25th for many many years...we did the wholesale change after years of trying various cables including interim Sablons. The Prince (SR Orange fuse inside) was the one that made the definitive move for us.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing