Sasha DAW vs Alexia 2

Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Mephisto is very demanding of the upstream gear. My preamp has to go unfortunately. I am still waiting for a demo CH L1 to arrive, but it will be brand new:( At least Pandora is fully broken in. I’ve borrowed a Lampi Pacific, and with 242 tubes my digital sounds better, than my vinyl rig and I am puzzled. Now I have to change the tubes in my phono?!!!:) It’s a nightmare that started with the change of speakers.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats! Big fan of Wilson and Gryphon. Would love to hear more about your impressions of Mephisto in comparison with CH amplification now that you have had a little more time with the Mephisto. Currently, my own system is in flux with XLFs yet to be adjusted, Gryphon in the shop due to a problem with the CJ GAT 2 which triggered a fault with the Gryphon unfortunately, and of course new preamp on the way.

Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Sorry to hear about your system issues. What new preamp are you waiting for?
I am very eager for Pandora vs L1 comparison, and to be honest, I am a little biased towards L1. I almost bought A1.5, but to my ears Antileon Evo was superior to A1.5 in several important areas. M1.1 was not available for an audition at that time and I got a little impatient, so Mephisto was kind of an impulse acquisition:) Now I have my doubts, maybe I should have waited for M1.1.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I am also very interested to hear your comparison between Pandora and L1. I have spoken with a few people who have done that comparison. From the sounds of it, your instincts for your tastes may be correct. I have heard great things about the Pandora and sensational things about the L1. On the amp, I have heard different things...really more about personal taste in comparison between the two.

I am waiting for Robert Koda K15EX.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing