SCAudiophile Appointed as a Moderator

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Steve and Ron are delighted to announce that Mark (SCAudiophile) will be joining Tom Treitz as a Moderator.

Please welcome Mark to his expanded role on the forum! Mark is originally from Dunkirk NY. He has lived in Greenville, SC, since 2007.

Mark grew up immersed in music enjoying vinyl and reel-to-reel tape with his father. Over the years Mark had many different audio systems, including systems with multiple turntables, tube gear, solid-state components and later hybrid 5.1 and 7.2 home theater/2-channel set-ups. Today Mark focuses on 2 channel audio, and has an extensive CD, XRCD and SACD collection put together over 25+ years. He loves a very long list of musical genres. Mark loves music and relates best to people who share that passion along with audio system building

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
I‘m not sure congratulations or “sorry dude” are in order. Moderator? Ugh.

I hope the forum members make your job easy and uneventful.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'd love to see the list of those "unsuited" to the role. How long does everyone have?

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
Thank you all very much...

Good humor too :)!

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
Congrats, Mark!

Yet since you don't have a horn speaker system and don't post videos you are not qualified ;).

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Thank you all!

Reactions: justubes

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Congrats, it will be a surprise to see what color digital text you choose to address officialdom through. :p

Four staff spread across four directly connected time zones on a site with strong international participation.

I find that statistic more interesting than it was with two owner/administrators and one moderator.

Reactions: SCAudiophile

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Anyone smart enough to move from the snowbelt of Dunkirk, NY to South Carolina has demonstrated credentials for moderator.

Best of luck.

From someone who moved from WNY to Southern CA almost 40 years ago.

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Congrats, it will be a surprise to see what color digital text you choose to address officialdom through. :p

Four staff spread across four directly connected time zones on a site with strong international participation.

I find that statistic more interesting than it was with two owner/administrators and one moderator.
I'm thinking "not red no matter what" :)

• Haha
Reactions: rando

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Thank you all....

Tvad: it's been a long time, great to hear from you.... we don't have to shovel or snow-blow warm, cold or rain :) Been there, done that LOL.

Reactions: Gjo

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I'd love to see the list of those "unsuited" to the role. How long does everyone have?

I had applied to moderate some specific people, but they told me I was over qualified for the role

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Hi Mark (moderator Mark, and not to be moderated Marc),

I remember spending time with you during Munich 2019. Did you include having lunch with me on your moderation resume

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Hello! It was dinner in Munich with you and other WBF friends and I remember well! You are right, that is definitely "c.v. worthy!" :)

Unfortunately I had to cancel my plans this year; still recovering from some health issues that have me unable to walk much so Next Year!!!

Reactions: shakti and bonzo75

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Until the audio urge grabs me,.....

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Best wishes, Mark.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing