SCAudiophile Appointed as a Moderator

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Hell, forget moderator credentials. Anyone who moved from the high tax state of NY (#1) to the low tax state of SC (#39) has demonstrated the credentials to be a financial planner.
Taxes are a zero sum game.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
we do need the presence of “a” moderator throughout the day and it became impossible as people work.

Only now you tell us. Otherwise we would have asked for Tom's work meeting schedule

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Congrats from the UK Mark, & thank you for taking it on!

Reactions: SCAudiophile

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Only now you tell us. Otherwise we would have asked for Tom's work meeting schedule
is this meant to be another one of your daily jokes as the reality is we gave them "your" schedule ;)

ked do you really always have to twist a comment to make a dumb joke. After a while they grow old. I made a point as to why we need someone available during the day and you twist it to make one of your off topic comments. I made my point several days ago Do you have an issue that we should know about. I spelled it out quite simply as to our intent and it encompassed daily duties to keep the site free of spam and days later you make this comment. Did you have a point to make ?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
is this meant to be another one of your daily jokes as the reality is we gave them "your" schedule ;)

ked do you really always have to twist a comment to make a dumb joke. After a while they grow old. I made a point as to why we need someone available during the day and you twist it to make one of your off topic comments. I made my point several days ago Do you have an issue that we should know about. I spelled it out quite simply as to our intent and it encompassed daily duties to keep the site free of spam and days later you make this comment. Did you have a point to make ?

It was a joke. In your reply your first statement was a good repartee.

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston

Well, you don't like dry British humor then. I loved the joke.

Ked, please continue!

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
Taxes are a zero sum game.
As a retiree, I am not sure I agree with you.

NY is definitely a higher cost state than South Carolina. The inherent cost of living in parts of NYS is higher than almost anywhere in SC.

My funds definitely go further in SC than they would in most of NYS in fiscal and quality of life terms.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
All staes have a budget.its a shell game. You pay.
Income
Fess.
property taxes.
Fines.
One way or the other they get the money.
As someone said we gall for one tax scheme after another.

Macattack

VIP/Donor
Aug 21, 2014
SC Low country
You are discounting quality of life.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Putting aside my disdain for SC in general.
Did you generate your retirement income in SC?
As a retiree are you "off the grid?"

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Putting aside my disdain for SC in general.
Did you generate your retirement income in SC?
As a retiree are you "off the grid?"

I think South Carolina is a great place. Charleston is a wonderful clean relatively safe city with great food and people. You have the ocean the history the low country and a pleasant relaxed atmosphere.

One of the wonderful aspects of our republic of states is the freedom of movement. People can live in places that more align with their personal values while still being part of the larger country full of promise and opportunity.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I wonder how people of color and limited financial resources feel about the " freedom of movement." I can cite similar bad places in SC. I guesss it depends on your frame of reference. The point is tax burden and income distribution. Who benefits from tax rates and has access to capital.
I am going to end going to end it hear less I tun afoul of tos.

Reactions: Al M.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Yes we can.
Congratulations!
As you can we occasionally get off track. Generally we are well behaved and easily corrected.
Enjoy yourself.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing