SET amp owners thread

you could add SETs then.

Pity that MBL ball is very hard to drive.

i heard the 116f are very easy to drive. Maybe get those and a SET so you can be part of both worlds
I am not using the MBL speakers much these days, the Statements are better on most of the music i play, the MBL amps sound great on them. I could use a second set of MBL amps on the sub towers, but i don't have a bag with an extra € 100 K lying around these days :rolleyes: Good news is i have dropped my Io Eclipse of for repair this week, only took me 1.5 years. I am looking forward to hearing it on the Statements.:)

you could add SETs then.

Pity that MBL ball is very hard to drive.

i heard the 116f are very easy to drive. Maybe get those and a SET so you can be part of both worlds
I will get a system with SET and appropriate speakers for above my garage at some point. I have a 5m x 10m room up there i only use for storing boxes.

the FLH JBLs have 1KW at their disposal each and the subs 2KW, so never out of steam
I can connect my sub-tower to 2,4 or 8 ohm taps, have only used the 8 ohm taps, 2 ohm should be louder if the amps can handle it. I only use about half the gain on the crossover on the 8 ohm tap. I should experiment with it, but i hate changing crossover gain when i have found the right setting. Those dials are not marked very well and the tiniest movement can mess up the setting.:confused:

I am submitting an offer on a home tomorrow. If I get it, it has a 2 car garage with 10 foot ceilings Inwill convert to a mediq room. I would happily insert a horn of this scale.
Maybe then people will fly to Seattle to visit you first.

Reactions: Multiway
I am submitting an offer on a home tomorrow. If I get it, it has a 2 car garage with 10 foot ceilings Inwill convert to a mediq room. I would happily insert a horn of this scale.
I keep my fingers crossed for you :cool:

How would you rate them still today?
Very high - brass/piano downwards they are brilliant, might have to reassess them for highs like violin and female vocals or get them tweaked for that range.

Reactions: christoph
Very high - brass/piano downwards they are brilliant, might have to reassess them for highs like violin and female vocals or get them tweaked for that range.
Please do.
Does he still have them anyways?

• Haha
Reactions: Lagonda
I put my horn back in. PAP Trio 15. I also have the coax. I got my absorption set up at the first reflection with the new door.

What I noticed is the horn does beam when I turn it up. Its like its trying to hard to present mass and energy. The coax with a 10" and a horn tweeter in the center presents with more body and weight. Makes sense. It doea make me scratch my head on how horns in general present energy to a listening space with such a small diaphragm moving air.

Attachments

• 20240211_080934.jpg
    20240211_080934.jpg
    936.9 KB · Views: 10

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing