SET amp owners thread

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
The room where this System resides atm is really quite small.
How big would such a W bass bin be? I have seen the "original" bass Support from LV and it is really huge :rolleyes:
Do you happen to have a building plan and know what Drivers to use for such a monster?

Alas Chris they are big things. I attach a link to a website with a plethora of plans including W Bins but also many others you could select from. You are looking around 1.2-1.5m wide with 1.1m high and 1m deep as an approximation.

http://hornplans.free.fr/wbin2x15.html

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Wait a few months and you will like it more :D You are welcome to listen to music here anytime.
Your room, equipment and view is lovely too Christoph.

Wow, thank you very much. Three times in fact :cool:
I would love to listen to your system :D

Reactions: kodomo

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Chris - forgot to mention. There is likely a lot of potential in your Air Scouts imho. So it would be worth doing a “project”

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Chris - forgot to mention. There is likely a lot of potential in your Air Scouts imho. So it would be worth doing a “project”
Can you elaborate some more?
I heard their potential in the mids and up ;)
but I also heard their big issues in the bass department :(

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Can you elaborate some more?
I heard their potential in the mids and up ;)
but I also heard their big issues in the bass department :(

From what I heard from Kevin they probably go down to around 70hz. But from 70hz up, they have great mids / treble with speed. Do you have a Vitavox s2 in the mid horn?

In terms of potential. Well you love Vox Olympian and whilst I am not drawing mad comparisons, there is obvious sharing of DNA - it evolved directly from your Air Scout. The Vox Olympian only goes down to 70hz too until the class B driven bass horn Elysian kicks in...
The Vox Olympian uses the Vitavox s2 also too. It has the slightly strange bronze tweeter horn above and a super tweeter above that too whereas yours just has one further driver above the mid horn.

So I do think you can create a great system if you have loads of patience to play with crossover settings and you select fast and sympathetic woofers for your bin - maybe Vitavox AK drivers or TAD or JBL. Enjoy the process but you’ll need patience.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
How about Audiopax?

http://www.audiopax.com/e/M50M100.html

Anybody else heard these?
We showed them twice at the LA shows, and they've been to Munich twice as well.

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
How about Audiopax?

http://www.audiopax.com/e/M50M100.html

Anybody else heard these?
We showed them twice at the LA shows, and they've been to Munich twice as well.

Hi,

I heard the L50 in my system for quite a while as well as the General’s system. It is a really great linestage. Actually might be my favourite solid state linestage. It was however drastically outclassed by the Mayer 10Y hence my acquisition of the latter.

beaur

Fleetwood Sound
Oct 12, 2011
Brooklyn
AprilSound direct coupled 50s with Tannoy Glenairs.

Vicks7

Jul 1, 2013
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Audiopax Maggiore M100 Monoblocks

Reactions: morricab

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
This is very weird. Why has my equipment list/signature come up on this post?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
This is very weird. Why has my equipment list/signature come up on this post?

It is in every one of your posts Marc

I checked your user entries and all of your gear is listed there and hence will show up in your signature

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
It is in every one of your posts Marc

I checked your user entries and all of your gear is listed there and hence will show up in your signature

Yeah but why has Marc’s Signature come up from another poster...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I'll have to tell one of my best friends who's Moroccan. She loves a good "spammer from Algeria" tale.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I saw that post was a spam, but then I saw Marc's signature and moved on as usual

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
we verify every new member's credentials and most often we can tell immediately if he was a spammer however his came up totally clean but still a strong sense of suspicion due to geographical location.It is difficult to check every new post so thank you for immediately noticing that

His post in the Audiogon alternatives had an embedded link to all sorts of spam and the fact that he was posting with zero content confirmed our initial suspicions

Happy New Year to all

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Just find it weird my signature was replicated. Hmm, home (page) invasion. Maybe I'll find an email telling me I've been involved in an RTA next, or the love of my life waiting, but need to settle a medical bill first before we elope.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing