SHINDO NO MORE

alfa100

Aug 29, 2014
South Africa
SHINDO has stopped manufacturing products. Looking for a similar sound signature and would appreciate recommendations

SHINDO has stopped manufacturing products. Looking for a similar sound signature and would appreciate recommendations

for use with your Sasha? Pre or power

Hi,

As someone who had a Monbrison + Montille cv391 combo,
i would recommend Kondo.

It's not the same sound signature as it will be impossible as each component sound different especially if it's a different brand,
but it's in the same general direction if you like Musical, Tube, Live, Forward, lots of Energy and Speed sound.

Kondo is next level in terms of sound and unfortunately price.

Not for Sasha. I’ve moved to an apartment. I need to play at liower volume. I liked what I heard witch Shindo Montille with Living voice speakers. Wish I could get my Sasha to sound like but it’s.a difficult load. Hence the search for Shindo or similar.

ARC Ref 80 might be a suitable alternative. I play music quietly as well, but the dynamics and sudden deep bass notes can surprise me especially if I’m reading.
Best of luck with your search.

Reactions: alfa100
for use with your Sasha? Pre or power
Shindo had a real problem two years ago with supply, but seemed to pass. It may just be that again, or possibly they a full set of orders right now. Lets hope they are not shuttering.

Reactions: alfa100
I had Petrus and Catherine preamp
And Pavillon Rouge,Shinonia and 300b Limited
Good products but Kondo is an other level

Shindo has not closed. I'm not at liberty to go into further detail.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing