Should/could we start a Nakamichi cassette decks forum ?

fyrtom

Aug 3, 2018
Hi guys. I happen to have a lot of nicely-recorded old cassette tapes. Rather than to not be able to listen to those old nostalgic songs, I invested in rather (not too) cheaply a Nakamichi ZX-9 and ZX-7 deck. So I could listen to the tapes on a little better level ? Well, I'd like to ask if any of you could help me with knowing of a good, reasonable repairer/checker of my ZX-9 deck. It simply just plays too slow. I'm in the Northern Califoria area. Thanks and best wishes.

Holli82

Jun 6, 2010
Subscribed!

I've got 35 year old RX-505 that needs some TLC.

Reactions: fyrtom

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
If you do get the repair figured out (sadly I know of no source for parts other than belts and possibly some capstans), your first project should be to “rip” the tapes to digital.

I had Nakamichi decks but gave decks up in general after it became difficult to arrange for necessary upkeep. I still have one Denon three head deck that still works, but I know it’s on its last legs.

Best of luck with your project.

Reactions: fyrtom

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing