Shunyata Denali 6000 V2 and Omega XC powercord - component consolidation

Vermonter

Jan 6, 2021
This is a long winded question, but I have more variables than equations (frustrating for a retired engineer) and need advice.

I have a Denali 6000 (V2) that provides power to a D’Agostino preamp, and a dCS Vivaldi stack (DAC, clock, upsampler). I also have a Denali 2000T that powers a pair of D’Agostino Momentum 300 amps. The 2 power conditioners are connected to a dedicated 20 amp line by Stealth Dream V10 (wall) cables. Details on the current power cord loom follow:

Wall to Shunyata 6000V2. Stealth Dream V10 (wall)
Shunyata 6000V2 to preamp. Stealth Dream V18 (pre)
Shunyata 6000V2 to DAC. Stealth Dream V12 (digital)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Clock. Stealth Dream V18 (digital)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Upsampler. Stealth Dream V10 (preamp)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Macmini. Shunyata Venom 14 (digital)
Wall to Shunyata 2000T. Stealth Dream V10 (wall)
Shunyata 2000T to amps. Stealth Dream V10 (power) (x2)

There are 2 open outlets on the 6000 V2 (I’d have to run an extension cord for the Macmini, but that’s not a problem). I’m thinking about upgrading the cord from the wall to the 6000 V2 to a Shunyata Omega XC, and using the 6000 (V2) for the amps, preamp, and DCS digital components (ditch the 2000T). That would fill all the outlets on the 6000 (V2).

To lessen the load on the 6000 V2, I could use a freed up outlet on the 20 amp line for direct connection of the preamp to the wall (D’Agostino recommends none of their products be plugged into power conditioners). Longer range, I’ll probably have another dedicated 20 amp line run to the stereo for the mono amps as well.

I can only swing one Omega XC cable now, and if I don’t need the 2000T (and the power cord that runs it from the wall) it’d reduce the clutter in my rack, and lessen the component/cable total.

Would I be losing anything by running the amps/preamp/digital components from the 6000 (V2) with an Omega XC feeding it, or should I leave the amps on the 2000T?

My intuition is it’d be an overall improvement. From what I gather, the 6000 V2 is non-current limiting and can handle the combined component load (won’t choke off the mono amps) and replacing the Stealth V10 (wall) cord that feeds it with an Omega XC would be a sizeable improvement.

I’ll complete a full profile of my system soon, but for reference here are some photos.

Attachments

• 29275383-1854-4B0F-9FE4-180ED6E3B370.jpeg
    29275383-1854-4B0F-9FE4-180ED6E3B370.jpeg
    698.4 KB · Views: 61
  • E044CC57-700E-45B2-AF86-D0815D39D72B.jpeg
    E044CC57-700E-45B2-AF86-D0815D39D72B.jpeg
    667.9 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
This is a long winded question, but I have more variables than equations (frustrating for a retired engineer) and need advice.

I have a Denali 6000 (V2) that provides power to a D’Agostino preamp, and a dCS Vivaldi stack (DAC, clock, upsampler). I also have a Denali 2000T that powers a pair of D’Agostino Momentum 300 amps. The 2 power conditioners are connected to a dedicated 20 amp line by Stealth Dream V10 (wall) cables. Details on the current power cord loom follow:

Wall to Shunyata 6000V2. Stealth Dream V10 (wall)
Shunyata 6000V2 to preamp. Stealth Dream V18 (pre)
Shunyata 6000V2 to DAC. Stealth Dream V12 (digital)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Clock. Stealth Dream V18 (digital)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Upsampler. Stealth Dream V10 (preamp)
Shunyata 6000V2 to Macmini. Shunyata Venom 14 (digital)
Wall to Shunyata 2000T. Stealth Dream V10 (wall)
Shunyata 2000T to amps. Stealth Dream V10 (power) (x2)

There are 2 open outlets on the 6000 V2 (I’d have to run an extension cord for the Macmini, but that’s not a problem). I’m thinking about upgrading the cord from the wall to the 6000 V2 to a Shunyata Omega XC, and using the 6000 (V2) for the amps, preamp, and DCS digital components (ditch the 2000T). That would fill all the outlets on the 6000 (V2).

To lessen the load on the 6000 V2, I could use a freed up outlet on the 20 amp line for direct connection of the preamp to the wall (D’Agostino recommends none of their products be plugged into power conditioners). Longer range, I’ll probably have another dedicated 20 amp line run to the stereo for the mono amps as well.

I can only swing one Omega XC cable now, and if I don’t need the 2000T (and the power cord that runs it from the wall) it’d reduce the clutter in my rack, and lessen the component/cable total.

Would I be losing anything by running the amps/preamp/digital components from the 6000 (V2) with an Omega XC feeding it, or should I leave the amps on the 2000T?

My intuition is it’d be an overall improvement. From what I gather, the 6000 V2 is non-current limiting and can handle the combined component load (won’t choke off the mono amps) and replacing the Stealth V10 (wall) cord that feeds it with an Omega XC would be a sizeable improvement.

I’ll complete a full profile of my system soon, but for reference here are some photos.
Beautiful system congratulations.

scot

Jan 4, 2018
Hi vermonter

Depending on where you bought your Denali v2, and the age and condition it’s in, I would ask the dealer if they would take it back and apply the money towards an Everest. If you’re going to plug the Dagostino amps into it, it should make a noticeable improvement. The Everest, from what I understand, has two main differences over the Denali v2. The obvious being a total of 8 outlets compared to 6. The more important advantage would be their QR/BB device in the Everest.

According to Shunyata, this QR/BB device used in the Everest provides 3x the instantaneous energy reserve which greatly improves dynamic impact & timing when compared to the Denali v2. This patented device is designed specifically for high current amps.

I own a Denali v2 and their Sigma XC power cord which are specifically designed to be used with their conditioners. I was shocked (no pun intended) at the improvement. I use their NR cords for my front end equipment. I plug my amp (Pass Labs XA30.8) into the Denali v2 with great results.

I would never recommend plugging your preamp directly into the wall.

IMHO, Shunyata power products are their best products. They really have their power conditioners and power cords figured out. Take care.

Best regards
Scot

Reactions: DetroitVinylRob

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing