Shunyata Sigma HC power cable

The Knife

Nov 13, 2020
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi. Looking for advice on the Sigma HC power cable (ver 1) to fire up a power hungry Class A Gryphon Essence amp. I am curious on this older version as it is attainable to an attractive price, but wonders on the sonic differences (if any) to the newer Sigma XC cable. The latter mixes in Silver and ultrasound soldering is used in the process My question relates to your experience in sonic differences. Moreover, should one ever consider deteriorating sonic qualities due to oxidation and corrosion on older used Shunyata copper cables. I assume not, but what is the experience here? Thanks! // Andy

crion

Oct 29, 2014
Sigma XC is alot more powerful sounding, crisp and delicate. But the price difference is large.
I would say the Sigma HC is an excellent value for money.

Reactions: The Knife

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing