Sigma V2 Speaker Cables

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Do you have amps in the Everest too?
I plug the amps directly into the wall. They are both are on dedicated circuits and the Everest is on one as well.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
I see. Did you test? Gabriel has said that w dedicated circuits, wall is ideal and without Everest for everything.

Reactions: Audire

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I see. Did you test? Gabriel has said that w dedicated circuits, wall is ideal and without Everest for everything.

I wasn’t going to test it as in a few weeks there won’t be enough room for the amps anyway. The Everest handles the EMM DA2 v2, PRE, Transport, Aurender N30, ACS10, VAC Phono Pre and TT. That’s seven pieces of equipment. The Everest only holds eight.

This said, my amps have been plugged into the dedicated wall circuit since day 1. I had the Hydra 12 and tried the amps for a half and hour in it and said, No Way! They sound better direct into the wall and now with the Sigma power cables on them they are divine. I’m really enjoying the system. Extremely musical. But I made a lot of changes, so it’s not only the cables and the Everest. The better PRE and DAC and the N30 synergy is coming together nicely. Still need some break in time, but it is already light years ahead of my old system.

If you desire me to test the Everest and amps before the rest of the equipment gets here let me know and I will.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Thanks so much for the offer. No need trouble yourself. I’m sure with dedicated circuits, wall is indeed better. I rent my house so no dedicated circuits. I have huge 1100 watt amps and they seem to do fine in the Everest. I’m just curious what other people experience and what the difference is. I think ultimate ideal is dedicated circuits with the Omega cables for amps and then Everest for everything else.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Thanks so much for the offer. No need trouble yourself. I’m sure with dedicated circuits, wall is indeed better. I rent my house so no dedicated circuits. I have huge 1100 watt amps and they seem to do fine in the Everest. I’m just curious what other people experience and what the difference is. I think ultimate ideal is dedicated circuits with the Omega cables for amps and then Everest for everything else.

Wow 1100 watt amps and the Everest still rocks on. That’s impressive. You have me wondering now, so I’ll try it in the next couple of days and see if there are any differences.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I have 3 dedicated 20 amp lines, and two are for the amps (one for each Pass 600.5 amp). At first the amps were plugged directly into the Shunyata wall socket via a Shunyata power cord. While they sounded great, I later added a Shunyata Denali 2000 for each amp, along with another Shunyata power cord for the Denali. I was amazed at how much better, with less background noise, each amp improved with the Denali.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I have 3 dedicated 20 amp lines, and two are for the amps (one for each Pass 600.5 amp). At first the amps were plugged directly into the Shunyata wall socket via a Shunyata power cord. While they sounded great, I later added a Shunyata Denali 2000 for each amp, along with another Shunyata power cord for the Denali. I was amazed at how much better, with less background noise, each amp improved with the Denali.

Thanks. I’ve never owned a Denali. But I will try the amps in the Everest to see if it makes a difference. I won’t be able to keep them there but like you I could go with two Denalis if it makes a difference.

I have the Pass 260.8s and I’m considering the 600.8. I live in FL so I’m concerned about heat. So, how would you describe them? My 260.8s run warm but not hot. They are comfortable to run all year round. I know the 600.8s will run warmer. Can you give me any idea on this? I’m also considering EMM amps as well. They run warm but not hot …. We’re trying a set of EMMs in Jan / Feb of next year.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
I got my 600.5 amps in the middle of July, and they made the house hotter than Hades, so I ran the AC constantly. When my July electric bill arrived I went ballistic. I immediately ordered solar to help with the electric bill. This time of the year is great since the amps heat the room and the furnace is turned off. This is the Bay Area of CA.

vrac

May 9, 2018
I’m currently using Sigma V1 SC with Siltech interconnects. Would upgrading to Sigma V2 SC without a Full loom Shunyata interconnects still be a worthwhile upgrade?

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
I’m currently using Sigma V1 SC with Siltech interconnects. Would upgrading to Sigma V2 SC without a Full loom Shunyata interconnects still be a worthwhile upgrade?
V1 is very good , unless your going to upgrade other cables I'd stay . Alpha v2 is also better than Sigma v1 and is the best value in my opinion

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I got my 600.5 amps in the middle of July, and they made the house hotter than Hades, so I ran the AC constantly. When my July electric bill arrived I went ballistic. I immediately ordered solar to help with the electric bill. This time of the year is great since the amps heat the room and the furnace is turned off. This is the Bay Area of CA.

Many Thanks. That eliminates them from consideration for me then. I guess I’ll be stuck with the EMM MTRX2 monos. They are Class A/B. I have them coming as demos after the first of the year. I’ll see if I can live with them. I really desired though to stick with Pass. I love their sound. Maybe I won’t be disappointed with the EMM - their DAC, Pre, and Transport are really good, so I have high hopes that they only run warm and sound exceptional.

vrac

May 9, 2018
V1 is very good , unless your going to upgrade other cables I'd stay . Alpha v2 is also better than Sigma v1 and is the best value in my opinion
Sounds like great advice. Thanks

rau

Aug 6, 2015
Wisconsin
Got my 7m Sigma XLR breaking in and brought the N30SA back to compare

Attachments

• 81E96A59-ACCB-4249-9759-58A0625B79DE.jpeg
    81E96A59-ACCB-4249-9759-58A0625B79DE.jpeg
    520.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 22372779-2F6C-44A7-8EE6-8A6BB6FD9B47.jpeg
    22372779-2F6C-44A7-8EE6-8A6BB6FD9B47.jpeg
    478.4 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: justubes

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing