Something new is coming from Magico...

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
This teaser appeared on Magico LLC's FB page today...

"We built it just for us but the guilt kept us up at night
Coming Soon... "

69512821_2317457004968075_3410143903481856000_o.jpg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
A Magico rack, according to the Magico dealer in HK.

Reactions: Bodhi

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
They made a M Rack before.
Info can be found by googling.
I guess they now have a new model.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Looks like an evolution of the M rack system which I think was originally designed for a customer and then also used in their listening room. This has channels for cables which is a novel idea. The company has the in-house CNC capabilities and the experience with constrained layer dampening. These will be stable and fairly inert, is my guess. And expensive.

More competition for HRS, Critical Mass, Stacore, etc. I'm curious what is in the layer between the two shelving units and if the rack operates on a similar principle to the M Footers which work very well under their speakers. I think they provide energy drainage from the cabinet and stability while isolating the floor and the speaker from each other (or so I imagine).

Reactions: Bodhi and CKKeung

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
Technically I'm sure it will reach new grounds but I wish manufacturers would produce more racks which would fit aesthetically into living rooms. I like my system in my living room but I don't want it looking like my 80's bedsit either. Looks like this one will fit in the HRS style category.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
At a certain price point you could start to rationalize Taiko Tana active everywhere on a basic rack.

Be interesting to compare the performance side. No doubt the Magico will look like a million bucks.

Reactions: howiebrou

howiebrou

Jun 29, 2012
At a certain price point you could start to rationalize Taiko Tana active everywhere on a basic rack.

Be interesting to compare the performance side. No doubt the Magico will look like a million bucks.
Mike I'm on the lookout for one more single width rack. Your suggestion might make more sense especially if only one or two components need proper attention to removing vibrations.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Mike I'm on the lookout for one more single width rack. Your suggestion might make more sense especially if only one or two components need proper attention to removing vibrations.

totally agree that the 'Tana' option is for that extreme case.....and very limited box count. and even then not sure it can make sense and work equally well in every system. i would assume not. for me i dragged my buddies out twice to verify that it was delivering before i added the last Tana's.

a 4 shelf rack with a Tana for each gets pretty crazy. but as prices for passive racks get out of hand, they start to bump up against the twilight zone of all Tana.

BlueFox

Member Sponsor
Nov 8, 2013
While not pretty, I eliminated vibrations with my relatively inexpensive 400 pound maple rack from Mapleshade.

77EB8534-8DE7-406A-B978-D88215A8C57E.jpeg

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

Yes, the new Magico rack in the photos looks very pretty.
Quite curious of their performance and prices!
:)

cannata

Jan 30, 2014
Italy

These CLD racks/feet work differently than isolation platforms.
Think of dissipation rather than isolation (effective in dissipating equipment external, but also self, induce vibrations).
Unfortunately, It is probably not just the look that will have the "million bucks" price tag...

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing