Soulution & Magico

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
equivalent peak dissipation resistance

Sorry thought you wanted further information as I did expand on the acronym in post 33; although only indirectly and did not make it fully clear doh.
That said the article I linked fits perfectly with this discussion, and well worth reading as it covers some historical research done.

Cheers
Orb

scouter

Member Sponsor
Oct 30, 2012
Wrightsville Beach, NC
I'm working on it. Presently evaluating the S5s with some different speaker cables (right now the Skogrand Ignis Purist and then the Kubala-Sosna Emotion) and will probably see if can get a ss amplifier in house just for comparison to drive the Magicos. But soon come! :)
Myles,
Just for kicks, you should request an Odyssey Khartago Extreme from Klaus. @ $1700. , I think you'll be surprised at how well it sounds thru the S5s. I have used it as a backup while in between amps, and its quite good- actually great for the price. Not as much depth as the Spectral, nor as low, but it has a nice sparkle, transparency, and air for a ss amp.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
Myles,
Just for kicks, you should request an Odyssey Khartago Extreme from Klaus. @ $1700. , I think you'll be surprised at how well it sounds thru the S5s. I have used it as a backup while in between amps, and its quite good- actually great for the price. Not as much depth as the Spectral, nor as low, but it has a nice sparkle, transparency, and air for a ss amp.

I used their Kismet (in a Stratos chassis). Very nice amp for the money.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing