stuff of dreams....3000 classical records inbound.

5 that are great listens (if you can get your head around the music) and i'm sure cheap cheap to acquire. sonically all winners.

i took a month off after my push push to get my project done, just needed to be away from it to recover. but today walked over and grabbed 5 consecutive pressings on the shelf and am just finishing listening to all 5 all the way through. each one sounded excellent, fresh and new. before i had just briefly sampled each one of these.

fall started on Sunday and today it is suppose to rain all day. getting cooler outside. great time to listen to vinyl and get back to it.

--Peter Maxwell Davies---Vasalii Icones---for cello, small instrument group, and dancers. Nonesuch (Robert Ludwig mastered)
--Franz Danzi---3 Woodwind Quintets, Nonesuch
--The Play Of Daniel--Ludus Danielis, Nonesuch
--The Cozens Lute Book, Anthony Rooley, L'Oisea-Lyre
--Couperin, Trois Lecons deTenebres, Judith Nelson, Emma Kirkby, L'Oisea-Lyre

IMG_1601.jpegIMG_1602.jpegIMG_1605.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: wil and jazdoc
ok, after just doing a quick look at my 'B's, this is not anything i can do quickly. the name is followed by the number of pressings. i can say that in each case, these are records i want to listen to all the way through.

Frantisek Benda---2
Franz Berwald--2
Heinrich Biber--2 (had heard this name before)
William Boyce--3
Frank Bridge--4
William Byrd--12

Franz Berwald stands out enough to be curious if your gentleman scholar happened to collect this LSO / Sixten Ehrling LP that stands among my favorite recordings.

Very easy to get your head around compositions when placed against your recent explorations of early music.

Franz Berwald stands out enough to be curious if your gentleman scholar happened to collect this LSO / Sixten Ehrling LP that stands among my favorite recordings.

Very easy to get your head around compositions when placed against your recent explorations of early music.

Yes, got the London pressing version. Recall that I very much liked it from when I cleaned it.
IMG_1607.jpeg

Reactions: rando

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu