Super3 - a supercapacitor LPS, by Farad Power Supplies

crion

Oct 29, 2014
I use Shunyata Alpha V2 power cable with a Super3/Furutech/OrangeFuse/DC 2 Silver cable to a modded Meridian 210 streamer with GX inlet.
I compared a bit with the Furutech DPS 4.1 cables but I settled on the DPS for the Meridian 861V8 digital preamp and the Shunyata Alpha v2 PC on digital sources.

vert

Oct 26, 2015
OK, it’s been a little over 50 hrs since I have been able to attach the Farad L2 Silver DC cable to the internal Lumin U2 Mini, attach that to the Farad Super 3 LPS, and power it all up. The Farad was ordered with the SR Purple fuse, so it has roughly 50 hrs on it, too. I know - way fewer hours than everything needs to really open up (I believe the average recommended time is 400-500hrs), but gotta start somewhere.

Very interesting. I've been running Lumin U2 mini with an Uptone JS-2 with a Farad L2 copper cable.

I have a Farad Super 3 L2 silver coming that I will have to try on the Lumin.

Reactions: jasond and jonstine

jonstine

Jun 1, 2022
Very interesting. I've been running Lumin U2 mini with an Uptone JS-2 with a Farad L2 copper cable.

I have a Farad Super 3 L2 silver coming that I will have to try on the Lumin.
Did you ever get a chance to A/B between the Farad silver and copper cables? I’d be curious to hear any insight you heard when possible.

Also, my Farad/L2 Silver/Lumin combo now has plenty of time on them (continuously powered on since my previous post), and the music is everything I could wish for. Of course there are always upgrade possibilities, but I am incredibly pleased with how this combo sounds right now.

Reactions: jasond

l_santista

Aug 5, 2023
Hi, anyone tried the Super10 already? Been out for many months or a year now, iirc.
particularly interested to hear what the 10 brings to the table over the 3, and if the upgrade is more notable for say, a higher wattage small server than for a low power streamer..

StreamFidelity

Jun 30, 2020
Rostock, Germany
griggaudio.de
  • Love
Reactions: l_santista

l_santista

Aug 5, 2023
great, tks
I always pay attention when I see your posts on the other forum. But til now I didnt know you sell your own servers IIUC
already looking into it, interesting you seem to prefer high TDP CPUs, that you probably undervolt/underclock..

Anyway I will look more into it when I have the time and leave that subject for another thread to not derail the farad3/10

Reactions: StreamFidelity

cosie

Apr 1, 2020
Bought Farad Super 3 recently and happy with it compared to Fiio LP50.
But guys, how do you deal without power on-off switch?
And one more question please - where to buy the GX16? Looks like those in Ali have thinner pins then Farad has. I have a good silver-gold DC cable but need to replace GX12 to the proper GX16. I wish to compare it with level 2 copper one.

Last edited:

Opabin

Feb 25, 2023
Canada
Bought Farad Super 3 recently and happy with it compared to Fiio LP50.
But guys, how do deal without power on-off switch?
And one more question please - where to buy the GX16? Looks like those in Ali have thinner pins than Farad has. I have a good silver-gold DC cable but need to replace GX12 to the proper GX16. I wish to compare it with level 2 copper one.

My Super3 powers a network switch and is always left running, never powered off. Don’t know a good source for a GX16, sorry.

Reactions: cosie

kennyb123

Nov 30, 2012
Kirkland, WA

Gunnar

VIP/Donor
Mar 24, 2021
Grand Est France
@cosie
I found it very difficult to find an 'audiophile' quality GX-16 connector as they are normally very cheaply produced.

Finally found 2/3/4 pin gold plated copper ones on Aliexpress
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003444685190.html
But as with everything on Aliexpress who knows if they are real copper pins and real gold plating.
I think Farad sells cables with GX-16 connectors.
Myself, I just switch my Super3s off when I leave for a few days. Then I switch off everything. Who wants having all connected, being away, with possibilities of thunderstorms.

Reactions: cosie

TooCool4

Feb 7, 2013
England
cosie the Super 3 is designed to be left on all the time. Most of my kit have been left on for years, it's actually better for the equipment to not have it being turned off and on all the time. The initial power rush is not good for anything. The only things I turn off are the turntable motor and the tape deck, as motors will burn out.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing