Symphonic Line

Skanda

May 2, 2020
Skanda, congrats on the M2s! may your system bring you many hours of Bliss and put you in the state of flow every time you listen to it.
thank you sir! unfortunately the mbl's wouldn't work in my room so i stuck with the brand that I know would. for my current space and any future space in the city, i think the m2's are just perfect!

Thieliste

Aug 31, 2014
Kraft 300 monos vs Antileon Evo stereo anyone ?

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
Kraft 300 monos vs Antileon Evo stereo anyone ?
I can’t comment on this comparison but can give you an update on the 40th Anniversary SL Kraft 300 Mono-blocks compared to the standard Kraft 300 Mono-blocks and the D’Agostino M400 Mono-blocks. I received my 40th Anniversary Kraft 300 Mono-blocks in December 2021 replacing the standard Kraft 300 mono blocks and have around 1500 hours on them. Out of the box there was a noticeable improvement in clarity and transparency and they continue to get better exceeding the performance of the standard Kraft 300 mono-blocks. The biggest improvement is in the midrange providing greater insight into vocals, piano and all other musical performances with better layering within the soundstage that communicates their location within the soundstage. Simply stated the music performance has greater palatable presence. The other improvement is timbral and tonal accuracy with a greater warmth and naturalness to the sound especially listening to violin concerto’s, saxophone solos and vocals. There is also greater inner detailing improving my musical experience to hearing musical details never heard before. Another improvement is with the attack and dynamics of the musical performance which makes the performance sound more real or as in a live performance. In comparison to the M400, the 40th Anniversary SL Kraft 300’s are very close in overall performance and within 90-95% of the M400’s sonic characteristics at a lower price then the new M400MX4. The old version of the M400’s have a better grip on the bass performance and a slight bit more slam but the 40th Anniversary Kraft 300 version is not far behind in these areas and definitely comparable in the mids, clarity and transparency. I haven‘t heard the new M400MX4 but have to assume it is much improved over the standard M400‘s. Nevertheless, I am extremely happy with the 40th Anniversary SL Kraft 300 Amps and they are a key contributor in my systems great performance keeping me engaged in the musical experience at a reasonable cost.

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
I can’t comment on this comparison but can give you an update on the 40th Anniversary SL Kraft 300 Mono-blocks compared to the standard Kraft 300 Mono-blocks and the D’Agostino M400 Mono-blocks. I received my 40th Anniversary Kraft 300 Mono-blocks in December 2021 replacing the standard Kraft 300 mono blocks and have around 1500 hours on them. Out of the box there was a noticeable improvement in clarity and transparency and they continue to get better exceeding the performance of the standard Kraft 300 mono-blocks. The biggest improvement is in the midrange providing greater insight into vocals, piano and all other musical performances with better layering within the soundstage that communicates their location within the soundstage. Simply stated the music performance has greater palatable presence. The other improvement is timbral and tonal accuracy with a greater warmth and naturalness to the sound especially listening to violin concerto’s, saxophone solos and vocals. There is also greater inner detailing improving my musical experience to hearing musical details never heard before. Another improvement is with the attack and dynamics of the musical performance which makes the performance sound more real or as in a live performance. In comparison to the M400, the 40th Anniversary SL Kraft 300’s are very close in overall performance and within 90-95% of the M400’s sonic characteristics at a lower price then the new M400MX4. The old version of the M400’s have a better grip on the bass performance and a slight bit more slam but the 40th Anniversary Kraft 300 version is not far behind in these areas and definitely comparable in the mids, clarity and transparency. I haven‘t heard the new M400MX4 but have to assume it is much improved over the standard M400‘s. Nevertheless, I am extremely happy with the 40th Anniversary SL Kraft 300 Amps and they are a key contributor in my systems great performance keeping me engaged in the musical experience at a reasonable cost.
Hi.. curious as to what do you think the performance percentage if you were to compare the standard Kraft 300 monos to D’Agostino M400 in your opinion?

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
@jonaiken, i had been talking to klaus about the rg3 with turbo. what pre did you have before and how would you describe the synergy. i'm currently using a soulution 721 and love the pairing. trouble with SL here is that i have to buy blind so I haven't had a chance to experience the rg3
Skanda, I had Audio Research Reference 10 before the RG3MK5 which is a phenomenal preamplifier providing the best 3-Dimensional soundstage ever in my home. The RG3MK5 is more detailed and as transparent and gets 90% of the dimensionality of Ref 10. I heard great things about Soulution 721 and would stay with it if I was in your shoes, unless your not happy with it.

Reactions: Skanda

jonaiken

VIP/Donor
Jan 22, 2017
Washington, DC
Hi.. curious as to what do you think the performance percentage if you were to compare the standard Kraft 300 monos to D’Agostino M400 in your opinion?
The standard Kraft 300 is several notches below the M400. If the M400 is a 9 the standard Kraft is a 7.0 -7.5 while the 40th Kraft Is a 8 - 8.5. The M400 is a musical amplifier while the standard Kraft 300 is very liquid but lacks the dynamics and bass control of M400. The 40th is more like the M400 and draws you into the music as well.

Reactions: theaudiogeek

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
The standard Kraft 300 is several notches below the M400. If the M400 is a 9 the standard Kraft is a 7.0 -7.5 while the 40th Kraft Is a 8 - 8.5. The M400 is a musical amplifier while the standard Kraft 300 is very liquid but lacks the dynamics and bass control of M400. The 40th is more like the M400 and draws you into the music as well.
Thank you!

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
@jonaiken - Quick question for you. Do you hear any mechanical noise (hum) from the 40th Anniversary Kraft amps? I have the Kraft 300 and I do hear that hum when I get closer to one of the amp. - Thanks

loki1957

Sep 19, 2012
Santa Fe NM
@jonaiken - Quick question for you. Do you hear any mechanical noise (hum) from the 40th Anniversary Kraft amps? I have the Kraft 300 and I do hear that hum when I get closer to one of the amp. - Thanks
For what it's worth I have Kraft 350 stereo amp and it's dead silent

Gregm

Mar 14, 2019
France
For what it's worth I have Kraft 350 stereo amp and it's dead silent
Likewise.
The hum could be coming from the transformers. If so, all it needs is tightening (please have a tech do it, do not attempt it yourself ;) )

DHT4ME

Apr 12, 2021
Las Vegas
Even the low (ha) power RG1 is an incredibly satisfying amp if you do not need more than 130w. I still have an RG1 mk4 that I simply refuse to sell even though I now only need 15w. Symphonic Line amps tick more boxes than most and I know Alon Wolfe of Maggico personally. He uses Symphonic Line amps for testing in house. Alon says there is something special in the Symphonic Line amps.

theaudiogeek

Apr 4, 2018
Even the low (ha) power RG1 is an incredibly satisfying amp if you do not need more than 130w. I still have an RG1 mk4 that I simply refuse to sell even though I now only need 15w. Symphonic Line amps tick more boxes than most and I know Alon Wolfe of Maggico personally. He uses Symphonic Line amps for testing in house. Alon says there is something special in the Symphonic Line amps.
Agree with you... having been using various models of SL over the years. Currently using Kraft 300 MK3 with Magico A5 and its awesome!.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing