Symphonic Line

Thanks @AudioLibertarian for your suggestions ! Interesting. With Rolf and Heinz we already started to discussed about the MuMetal. Following your experience what does it bring to the sound? I may follow your recommendations and do it this winter (Heinz is ought to visit me in Paris).
Besides all the numerous qualities of the Kraft 300 I have noticed that the bass are slightly rounded - do you have the same feeling? Will it change over time? I have put the Kraft on a wellfloat board which has already slightly improved the performance level of the Power Amp.
I have the latest RG4 monos, and in my own systems the bass is not rounded to my ears, whether it will change overtime to a much greater degree I can not predict, as it depends on that particular unit and your system components. However no one I know, who owns the SL has ever complained about the bass. Its rather musically organic and properly integrated without being a standout in the sound. Having said we all hear differently, and have own sonic preferences, so as usual you are the one to decide your priorities.

Reactions: Stef
I have the latest RG4 monos, and in my own systems the bass is not rounded to my ears, whether it will change overtime to a much greater degree I can not predict, as it depends on that particular unit and your system components. However no one I know, who owns the SL has ever complained about the bass. Its rather musically organic and properly integrated without being a standout in the sound. Having said we all hear differently, and have own sonic preferences, so as usual you are the one to decide your priorities.
Not really a complain just an observation after 24h. SL is indeed a really organic Amp which is my priority. What about the MuMetal? What does it bring according your experience? Thanks!

Not really a complain just an observation after 24h. SL is indeed a really organic Amp which is my priority. What about the MuMetal? What does it bring according your experience? Thanks!
MuMetal will bring better protection from RF interference, electrical noise, all other electrical and vibration gremlins that exist in such an elaborate device, resulting in more air between instruments, better tonality, refinement. It won't bring night and day differences between an already excellent transformer enclosure SL amps have, but our hobby is a game of subtle, so everything counts in the final sound.

Also if your unit is brand new, you have a long way till it fully burns in.. As I have said at least 1500 hours for the initial stage. So don't judge after 24 hours ;)

MuMetal will bring better protection from RF interference, electrical noise, all other electrical and vibration gremlins that exist in such an elaborate device, resulting in more air between instruments, better tonality, refinement. It won't bring night and day differences between an already excellent transformer enclosure SL amps have, but our hobby is a game of subtle, so everything counts in the final sound.

Also if your unit is brand new, you have a long way till it fully burns in.. As I have said at least 1500 hours for the initial stage. So don't judge after 24 hours ;)
Thanks for your explanations. Very clear.
Sound transformation is already under process with up and down as usual in this case so I don't worry at all... SL team is also very nice and helpful with some esoteric twists too. Heinz spent 2 half days in Paris and we did several trials before settling the amp (cables / speakers positioning / ...). The music used was mainly 70's rock / blues / jazz / folk / ... I share some pictures of Heinz from SL on day 1 and 2 and the final installation.

Attachments

• ca84a2bc-2d0b-4add-a546-735117dd4927.jpeg
    ca84a2bc-2d0b-4add-a546-735117dd4927.jpeg
    781.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 5a0e37a0-d392-4e86-ae8c-bfd880b4ae64.jpeg
    5a0e37a0-d392-4e86-ae8c-bfd880b4ae64.jpeg
    661.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_6255.jpeg
    IMG_6255.jpeg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 3

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu