Symposium Acoustics

Forte

Feb 16, 2017
A well built rack is a lifetime investment and often improves one’s system. Many sigh at high prices of some racks as they are often under-appreciated, but buy once and same money/time. Unless you have massive gear re-arrangements.

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
Anyone tried to polish the cups in the Rollerblocks ?

Mine became a bit hazy.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Many tasks I've done in my system, but not that Lol. I wish I could offer an opinion.

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Greetings gfroman,

Thanks for the poignant photo. Tell us the sonic uplift when you placed your MBL's on the SA Ultra's. Likewise, I would like to eventually place my JM Reynaud Offrande monitors on either: IsoAcoustic Gaia footers, or, an appropriate/equivalent Symposium Acoustic product.
Re-tread may I ask if you made a decision regarding your Offrande's , and if so what it was and the result. I have a pair in my 2nd system so interested . Thank you

gfroman

Dec 28, 2012
Updated photo showing the Arya Audio Revopods between my MBL101E speakers and the Symposium platforms.
Everything seemed to firm up and focus better.
I like this combo!

Attachments

• RevoPods.jpg
    RevoPods.jpg
    479.2 KB · Views: 38

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Hi Everyone

I am a recent convert to the church of Symposium but I’ve been delighted with Series 2 and HDSE Rollerblocks. Dynamics, detail, air, all without brightness or hardness. Just to echo what Spirit of Music has said, Peter at Symposium is an unbelievably nice guy and a delight to deal with direct.
In fact, if anyone in the UK happens to have either Series 2 or HDSE rollerblocks which are surplus to requirements for sale, or a large Ultra Platform for sale, please feel free to PM me.

djsina2

May 30, 2019
I installed two Symposium Foundation racks, each with two sets of rollerblock modules. I was not expecting this big of change in the sound. Pretty amazing. I’ve only tested my digital so far but overall it’s a huge improvement coming from a mass loaded wood rack.

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Re-tread may I ask if you made a decision regarding your Offrande's , and if so what it was and the result. I have a pair in my 2nd system so interested . Thank you
Greetings @facten

Pardon the delayed reply, as I did not see this until yesterday when I was reviewing this thread again.

As it happened, I ended up selling my Offrande's, and I acquired a new pair of Orfeo Jubile's. I am considering going with Townshend Seismic Podiums (trying now) under my speakers and sub. I am still optimizing my support "solution" under those items now, and it may take some time to confirm my final decision (after a few trials of various products).

For my rack however, I am trying to work with Peter on a few shelving products (2 Svelte's, 2 Svelte ++'s, and 1 Ultra platform) for my F.E. Spider rack. I will keep this thread posted as progress unfolds.

Re-tread

facten

Feb 13, 2022
Tennessee
Greetings @facten

Pardon the delayed reply, as I did not see this until yesterday when I was reviewing this thread again.

As it happened, I ended up selling my Offrande's, and I acquired a new pair of Orfeo Jubile's. I am considering going with Townshend Seismic Podiums (trying now) under my speakers and sub. I am still optimizing my support "solution" under those items now, and it may take some time to confirm my final decision (after a few trials of various products).

For my rack however, I am trying to work with Peter on a few shelving products (2 Svelte's, 2 Svelte ++'s, and 1 Ultra platform) for my F.E. Spider rack. I will keep this thread posted as progress unfolds.

Re-tread
No problem thank you for the response and enjoy the Julbie's

Reactions: Re-tread

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Anyone have any experience moving up from Symposium Acoustics’ standard Grade 10 balls to their Grade 2.5 Superballs ? The Grade 2.5 Superballs are reportedly SoTA.

Any feedback describing their experience and uplift would be appreciated. :)

Last edited:

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Check McMaster-Carr for polished ultra hard C2 tungsten carbide balls at significantly lower prices than Superballs. It’s a low risk way to compare with standard Grade 10 balls.

I use these with Symposium Rollerblocks+.

Last edited:

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Thank you for the tip. What diameter ? Also, can you describe the sonic uplift going from a Grade 10 ball to the C2 (~ Grade 2) ?

Gjo

Aug 22, 2021
Thank you for the tip. What diameter ? Also, can you describe the sonic uplift going from a Grade 10 ball to the C2 (~ Grade 2) ?
I can’t recall the diameter, because it’s been over five years, but simply measure the standard balls if you have them. I’m assuming you do.

Since we all hear and discern differently, and have varying preferences, I recommend you try them and compare in your system.

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Just a brief SA acquisition update. My incoming Symposium Acoustics scope should ship this week. It took some time to complete everything due to the custom nature of my scope, the holidays, etc. A brief description of the incoming scope will be (starting from the bottom of my Spider rack):

Svelte Plus platform - under Equitech LPS
Svelte platform - under Innuos kit
Svelte Plus platform - under Monoblock Amps
Svelte platform - under DAC
Ultra Platform - under 2 box preamp

I will also employ 5 sets (and there are 3 per set) of Rollerblock Jr HDSE with the grade 10 carbide rollerballs underneath the equpment.

I will also try a set of 4 Ultra Fatpadz to go under each of the 4 legs of my rack, in lieu of purchasing Finite Elemente Cerabase Compact footers.

Fingers crossed the sonic uplift goes in the right direction for my desired preferences. I will report back in a couple of weeks after receiving the scope and get it deployed into my system. The deployment will require me to disassemble my system, adjust a few shelves (& add another Spider shelf - currently sitting dormant in my closet), and put the system back together again on their new SA supports. Fingers crossed all goes well (and as planned).

Re-tread

Last edited:

Minnesotafats

Aug 26, 2020
So every interaction I have with Peter at Symposium makes me glad I have his products and expertise. I am updating my phono stage so I needed some extra room for my rack. He was able to send my 8 larger anodized legs at a reasonable price so I could adjust my rack. I feel like a have a futureproof system. Great company to work with.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Couldn't agree more. I don't think I've ever consulted with anyone in this hobby more customer-oriented and eager to please. Indeed Peter directed me to some options that weren't as pricey as others. And of course this would all mean very little if his product didn't perform, but it does.

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Couldn't agree more. I don't think I've ever consulted with anyone in this hobby more customer-oriented and eager to please. Indeed Peter directed me to some options that weren't as pricey as others. And of course this would all mean very little if his product didn't perform, but it does.
This is exactly my perspective on Peter Biz and Symposium products. Highest recommendation from me.
Just because he doesn't try to come up with questionable "improvements" every year just to fleece his audience doesn't mean they don't do a wonderful job. Highly futureproof and IMO, state of the art but excellent value.

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
I have a "good news" update.

I finally received my entire "custom" scope from Peter this week (as described in entry #75 above), and I have now deployed the scope into my rack/system, with fine results. Just a quick shout-out to Peter, who went out of his way to help me with my atypical (and perhaps challenging) order.

Here are my initial listening notes (pardon the sloppiness, or double-references):

My system has taken a nice step towards a really "mature" and "complete" presentation. You can sit and listen to it much longer now with tranquility in your head (i.e., nervous system), as the ear/brain mechanism is much more relaxed.

Details include: images are much more stable, quiet, clean, with space in-between, and the composition is "more whole". The melody (and musical scene) is more complete, and with a fuller/better (more complete) feeling of melodic PRAT in the tapestry of time and space, especially with the additional air, layers, intra-quietness, and additional detail. The images are more solid, complete, more relaxed, and the tonal color palette is richer, deeper, and more balanced/complete.

All 5 of the custom sized (and heights) shelves fit perfectly in-place. All in all, this took me about 6-months to "plan, measure, order, receive, and implement". But, I knew it had to be done to (almost) complete the system.

Here are 3 telling photos (see at bottom):

1. Before new scope
2. Scope unpacked (preparing for implementation)
3. Scope fully installed

My volume knob went up about 3" in vertical height as anticipated (now at 44" high) due to the extra height in the Ultra Padz feet, and in the thick Ultra Shelf on top. All other parameters in the footprint are unchanged, as desired.

The sonic uplift is "just what I needed" and concurrently, the results are better than I expected. Really happy. Even my wife hears it as less "noisy", easier to listen to, and more balanced. Just plain MUCH BETTER (for our system). YMMV.

I will give it another week or two to settle-in, and assess further. Thank you to Peter, and everyone here for your feedback and guidance.

Re-tread

IMG_1232.JPG
IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1257.JPG

Last edited:

Re-tread

Mar 8, 2020
Just a brief SA update: after having the Symposium Acoustics scope (cited above) deployed for two weeks now, I can conclude the scope is making a significant difference (vast improvement!) in my system's sound. I am delighted. I can earnestly recommend Peter's products to anyone who may be considering using Symposium Acoustics in their application.

The results have me now considering moving from the Grade 10 balls-bearings to the Grade 2.5 Superballs, and making a few other very-small optimizations.

Request: If anyone has any experience to report when upgrading from the Grade 10 ball-bearing to the Grade 2.5 Superballs, please indicate what you heard. Thank you.

Re-tread

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing