Taiko Audio Daiza platforms.

Levitator

Jul 1, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks Mike - one question, the naked small panzerholtz under the gear chassis, have you got a picture of these? I’m assuming this is different to the copper foam filled footers used under the Daiza platform….just haven’t seen these smaller ones you’re referring to

Thanks!

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
these are the same pucks attached to the copper rounds, just 'naked' (copper rounds detached) and used in a different spot.

use three per piece of gear. foam side down in the place of the stock gear footers. if these are not as tall as the gear footers then remove the gear footers. these panzerholtz hollow pucks allow for an ideal interface between the Daiza top surface and the chassis bottom. eliminates smear (stock footers many times tend to cause) yet is lively and propulsive for the music. according to Emile the weight capacity of these pucks is like over 1000 pounds each. so that is not an issue.

an alternative are the CMS footers which many combine with the Daiza; these are 'free' in comparison. never compared the effect myself so won't even speculate. but these take no time to 'settle'. panzerholtz does not compress. the Daiza shelf/footers themselves do settle for a time.

currently in my system i have unused Daiza's and unused pucks since i've changed things around so much. normally i would not have unused ones to photograph.

1642333117046.png

Last edited:

heebrog

May 12, 2018
Perth, WA
Hi Mike. Do you use this under the Extreme instead of the "feet" on Extreme?

Levitator

Jul 1, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
these are the same pucks attached to the copper rounds, just 'naked' (copper rounds detached) and used in a different spot.

use three per piece of gear. foam side down in the place of the stock gear footers. if these are not as tall as the gear footers then remove the gear footers. these panzerholtz hollow pucks allow for an ideal interface between the Daiza top surface and the chassis bottom. eliminates smear (stock footers many times tend to cause) yet is lively and propulsive for the music. according to Emile the weight capacity of these pucks is like over 1000 pounds each. so that is not an issue.

an alternative are the CMS footers which many combine with the Daiza; these are 'free' in comparison. never compared the effect myself so won't even speculate. but these take no time to 'settle'. panzerholtz does not compress. the Daiza shelf/footers themselves do settle for a time.

currently in my system i have unused Daiza's and unused pucks since i've changed things around so much. normally i would not have unused ones to photograph.

View attachment 88143
Thanks Mike, much appreciated!

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Mike - have you tried a Daiza under any of your TTs yet? I have been meaning to.

Best.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Mike - have you tried a Daiza under any of your TTs yet? I have been meaning to.

Best.
other than the Daiza that is part of the Tana system used with the NVS; no, not yet.

for either the CS Port or Saskia i would need an over-sized Daiza, and i've simply not gone there yet. i have no doubt it would be a winner for both. likely want to paint them black. possibly needs 6 copper footers. and i would not use the little pucks on top.

it would be very heavy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

cmarin

VIP/Donor
Jul 16, 2011
Texas

View attachment 88143
Mike.

Thank you for clarifying how you position the footers in your system. I’m a big believer in the Daiza platforms and use two on as many components where rack spacing allows it.

But even though Emile has explained the way to position the small pucks, I always read any comments on positioning because I fear I may be using them incorrectly! Ha!

In any case, for those interested, I did have the opportunity to add four of the new Critical Mass Center Stage 2M 1.5” tall footers between the Extreme and the top Daiza platform. The top Daiza in turn rested on a second Daiza platform with Copper disks and footers as outlined in your post above.

There were concerns expressed by some that the Daiza and CMS technologies would interfere. To the contrary, I found the effect quite complimentary and it produced a significant improvement in reducing the noise floor.

The CMS footers are significantly more expensive then the Daiza’s smaller footers, so together they create relatively economical and effective package. YMMV

Reactions: Levitator and hogen

Cellcbern

VIP/Donor
Jul 30, 2015
Washington, DC

View attachment 88143
Curious if you are aware of any type of spike shoe (e.g., solid brass, steel, or Yamamoto ebony?) that would work well on top of a Daiza platform? If I were to try a Daiza under my Pathos TT amp I would need four spike cups of some kind between the amp and Daiza platform. The Pathos TT has a cylindrical post that terminates in an integral spike in each of the amp's four corners. These posts/spikes are the only parts of the chassis designed to bear the amp's 90 lb. weight.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Curious if you are aware of any type of spike shoe (e.g., solid brass, steel, or Yamamoto ebony?) that would work well on top of a Daiza platform? If I were to try a Daiza under my Pathos TT amp I would need four spike cups of some kind between the amp and Daiza platform. The Pathos TT has a cylindrical post that terminates in an integral spike in each of the amp's four corners. These posts/spikes are the only parts of the chassis designed to bear the amp's 90 lb. weight.
i'm sure Emile would have the best information about that. i have briefly had cones on top of a Daiza directly on the top layer. it seemed to work ok. but they were shallow cones and not sharp spikes. agree some sort of shoe makes sense. mostly i've used the small foam filled pucks as the chassis<->Daiza interface.

wil

Jul 22, 2015
Is there any circumstance where one would take out the foam insert on the underside of the Daiza in the holes where the copper disc footers fit?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

Anything non compliant (rubbery) will do.

Backo NYC/SF

Oct 15, 2021
This is true. Using these between the Daiza and Extreme though you’d make less use of what the Daiza “does”. Not important if it nets out positive ofcourse!
Hi Emile,
I’m using a Daiza under my Extreme right now (thank you very much, btw) and was considering using a Daiza under my Aqua La Scala. I have the La Scala on three isolation feet that Trevor from Massif Audio sent me that are Ebony pucks (2.5” in diameter x .75” thick approx.) that sandwich a metal bearing between them. I’ve been following this thread but want to double check as to whether you think they would work with the Daiza or if you have had better results with other footers.
Thanks!

Backo NYC/SF

Oct 15, 2021
Those should work just fine, definitely better then the supplied rubber footers!
Hi Emile,
So i am using Stein Music Super Natural Signatures under my phono pre and PS. I was considering using their Basics under the Aqua LaScala instead of the ones I described above. I wasn’t sure, based on your previous posts if the composition of the Steins were compatable with the Daiza or if i was going down the wrong rabbit hole.
Thanks.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Hi Emile,
So i am using Stein Music Super Natural Signatures under my phono pre and PS. I was considering using their Basics under the Aqua LaScala instead of the ones I described above. I wasn’t sure, based on your previous posts if the composition of the Steins were compatable with the Daiza or if i was going down the wrong rabbit hole.
Thanks.

Those will work just fine!

Reactions: Backo NYC/SF

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing