Taiko Audio Daiza platforms.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Second Daiza installed under the SGM2015 today, using the stock feet, and immediately there is another uptick in sound quality. Timing appears to be faster with more bounce to bass notes as in Blue Rondo they just bounce along with such swing and precision.

Music just sounds more fun.

I’ve never heard the deep bass note in Yulunga - Dead Can Dance explode and then bounce in waves like a rubber ball along the floor. I’ve heard it plenty deep before but never like this. Vocals have great density and presence and a certain clarity that doesn’t turn into thinness. This clarity allows you to hear much further back into the soundstage too.

MikeL and Audiophile Bill were right.

Blue58

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
I can’t resist posting another pic as the Daiza look so cool against the white and they are sounding even better today. Emile did say 2-3 days to settle.
Oh! And the RevOpods are up on the ‘Gon already.
Got to find some way of buying another 3 to complete the set. 8BF47495-3BE7-4E00-9DBE-042260CC779F.jpeg

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Are the Daizas applicable in situations like my Symposium Acoustics rack and Ampstands, where isolation is via hard spiking to floor and hard ball-bearing based Rollerblocks isolating each tier and under each component?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Are the Daizas applicable in situations like my Symposium Acoustics rack and Ampstands, where isolation is via hard spiking to floor and hard ball-bearing based Rollerblocks isolating each tier and under each component?

ideally the Daiza sits on some sort of solid surface, where it's own footers can be an impedance break from the surface to the platform. and ideally there is a quality footer of some sort between the Daiza and the piece of gear. by quality footer i mean not some casual stock rubber footer. my opinion is that there are many passive footer approaches that can work between the gear and Daiza including no footer (chassis rests directly on the Daiza). whatever sounds best is best.

it might help to understand that the Daiza footers fit into three round sections on the underside each filled with a foam plastic of a particular density which then de-couples vertical resonance. with a solid surface you get optimal de-coupling. with a soft surface like carpeting you would lose that precision and be better off coupling to the underfloor with spikes through the carpeting.

i have three Taiko Tana LPS's (linear power supplies) that are on the carpet. for those i use spikes into the carpet since the Daiza footers would not work well. otherwise all my 10 (i also have 5 Daiza's on top of my Tana active shelves) other Daiza's are with Daiza footers. my 5 Tana LPS's all have dedicated panzerholtz footers between the LPS and the Daiza's.......but those are purpose designed by Takio to work that way. all the others use the Trina de-couplers.

so you just apply common sense to each situation. if you have carpet then spikes are necessary below otherwise you are going to cause some sort of smear or distortion.

Last edited:

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Yesterday I had the RevOpods under the Aqua Formula and my initial thoughts were, ‘this isn’t right’. I was prepared to try them in their correct orientation today but thankfully Emile intervened, slapped my wrist, ‘naughty boy!, and told me to use something that couples the Aqua to the platform and creates a pathway for vibrations to be sunk into the Daiza platform.

I rummaged through my box of bits and came across some BDR cones and a set of Aurios. Both are hard footers, ie. no soft elastomeric material in them and today I started with the BDR cones in place of the RevOpods. Phew! What a relief to hear a significant improvement in sound quality. Tight bass, much clearer than before, and a clarity one hears only when noise is removed. So step up and smiles all around.

Can you post a picture or 2 to show how the component is coupled to the platform?

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Can you post a picture or 2 to show how the component is coupled to the platform?
Aurios roller bearings under the Aqua and stock feet on the SGM. I’m sure there will be better coupling feet soon from Taiko. Here’s a pic. BBDA8245-A9F8-4788-8CAC-EE458670D0DD.jpeg

Reactions: Taiko Audio

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Aurios roller bearings under the Aqua and stock feet on the SGM. I’m sure there will be better coupling feet soon from Taiko.

Thanks. Am I correct in saying that "coupled" does not mean "bolted"? Coupled implies only hard materials between the 2?

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Coupled doesn't mean bolted. Metal spikes are coupling devices for example. Many footers isolate. Or partially isolate and partially couple.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
Very pleased for you, Barry. As I said before, the Daiza is the absolute no brainer system enhancer. The value is incredibly high with no downside to my ears. Try them under your 45 amps too if you dare :)

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
Korean audiophiles call DAIZA as [[Texture Booster]].

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
When is Emile gonna get around to providing a Daiza system to go under spkrs?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

Yes, they will still "drain" vibration induced distortion from the components placed on top. It is not an "isolating" platform, arguably nothing really isolates, it just dissipates vibrational energy.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
A couple of days in and I could hear a slight recessed quality from upper mids on up so put my thinking cap on and removed the coconut wood shim that I needed to raise the Aqua off it’s feet. Old age strikes again and I’d forgotten I had the Aurios extra tungsten ball set somewhere in a box. So, I used just the metal ball cup on top of the Aurios which was just enough to raise the Aqua feet off the Daiza. Adding the Tungsten balls would have been too much. Result? recessed frequencies returned in natural balance and as an added bonus a reduction in the occasional hardness from singers like Cecile McLorin Savant.

It just proves that there does need to be a solid connection between component and platform to enable them to work optimally.

And for those wondering, I just placed an order for 3 more to complete my set. They’re that good.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
A couple of days in and I could hear a slight recessed quality from upper mids on up so put my thinking cap on and removed the coconut wood shim that I needed to raise the Aqua off it’s feet. Old age strikes again and I’d forgotten I had the Aurios extra tungsten ball set somewhere in a box. So, I used just the metal ball cup on top of the Aurios which was just enough to raise the Aqua feet off the Daiza. Adding the Tungsten balls would have been too much. Result? recessed frequencies returned in natural balance and as an added bonus a reduction in the occasional hardness from singers like Cecile McLorin Savant.

It just proves that there does need to be a solid connection between component and platform to enable them to work optimally.

And for those wondering, I just placed an order for 3 more to complete my set. They’re that good.
I guess the two models of Couplers of Symposium Audio may serve the same purpose well too?
www.symposiumusa.com/psupercouplers.html
www.symposiumusa.com/pcouplers.html

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
CK, other than my tt, all my gear is on a 3-tier Symposium rack and 3 ampstands, utilising Rollerblocks to isolate each shelf, and under components.

I think Emile confirmed Daizas could be installed in conjunction w all this, and hard coupling gear to Daizas via Rollerblocks.

Having got to know Blue58's sound in great detail over 5 years, it'll be fascinating to pick up on his Daizas-inspired impvts, and could encourage me to Daiza-out my system in time.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
Hard coupling via Roller Blocks doesn't seem quite right as those do have damping properties. The idea seems to be pure coupling so @CKKeung had the right idea, I would think. "SuperCouplers should be used like any footer device, to make a bridge between the bare chassis of the component and its mechanical ground, i.e. the shelf, platform, etc."

Also another simple and effective coupling solution would be DH Cones.

Last edited:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Oh well. Maybe if I ever transfer my Symposium to AV duties, I'll consider Blue's idea of fixed inert Rogoz rack w Daiza platforms and solid couplers.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Taiko - Two question if I may:
As non fixed surfaces create micro oscillations between them when exited. These micro oscillations harm sound quality.

I'm guessing by 'non fixed surfaces' you mean couplers such a Rollerballs or Stillpoints, where vibration transferred from a component causes internal micro oscillations that yield friction within the coupler, converting the mechanical oscillation into heat which dissipates. How do these micro vibrations harm sound quality?

I speculate the choice of coupler has a modestly significant influence on the resonance frequency of the component and that use of different coupler materials 'tune' the sonic effect of the Daiza.

What happens if you use Panzerholz footers (blocks?) to couple a component to the Daiza platform? TIA

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Taiko - Two question if I may:

I'm guessing by 'non fixed surfaces' you mean couplers such a Rollerballs or Stillpoints, where vibration transferred from a component causes internal micro oscillations that yield friction within the coupler, converting the mechanical oscillation into heat which dissipates. How do these micro vibrations harm sound quality?

I speculate the choice of coupler has a modestly significant influence on the resonance frequency of the component and that use of different coupler materials 'tune' the sonic effect of the Daiza.

What happens if you use Panzerholz footers (blocks?) to couple a component to the Daiza platform? TIA

Thank you for asking as that may indeed be unclear. I was not referring to rollerballs, those would have a very minimal contact surface area, about as small as it gets. I was referring to a footer with a flat surface touching either component or shelf. A traditional simple spike for example would have a small and large area of contact. The large area would have significant micro oscillations going on between its surface and the surface its coupled to. This would be much worse if it was not bolted to the chassis (which is what my "non fixed" reference was meant to address). So you will often see aftermarket footers with a surface area covered by a layer of felt or rubber to avoid this from happening. This in itself is a sub optimal solution as it will interfere with energy transportation.

Panzerholz footers would be the arguably perfect interface, but it's not easy to get right. We have 20mm high interface footers available, they are simply the same footers we use underneath the Daiza but without the copper discs. Unfortunately most appliances require something higher then 20mm. We are working on 30mm high footers, but the iterations we have right now all perform less well then the 20mm footers which is not a concession we are willing to make. This just takes tremendous amounts of time, the current 20mm footers went through hundreds of iterations and took months to get "just right". We also have to test these in a multitude of systems, have multiple people evaluate them, so I have no eta on higher then 20mm footers right now.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing