Taiko Audio Daiza platforms.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
I speculate the choice of coupler has a modestly significant influence on the resonance frequency of the component and that use of different coupler materials 'tune' the sonic effect of the Daiza.

Yes it could have a very modest effect on that, but to have a significant effect it would need to alter the "spring/mass" equation, it would likely only apply to compliant / rubbery footers.

Reactions: tima

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Thank you for asking as that may indeed be unclear. I was not referring to rollerballs, those would have a very minimal contact surface area, about as small as it gets.

Emile, the Symposium Rollerblocks I have are the ball bearings ensconced in flat surfaced cups top and bottom.

Meaning that a 2.5cm flat surface contacts component above and Daiza below, w ball bearing btwn.

Does this pass the Daiza useability test?

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Emile, the Symposium Rollerblocks I have are the ball bearings ensconced in flat surfaced cups top and bottom.

Meaning that a 2.5cm flat surface contacts component above and Daiza below, w ball bearing btwn.

Does this pass the Daiza useability test?

Yes, it will work just fine, however if nit picking, the flat surfaces are not ideal.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Your Daiza footers have rough or textured surfaces?

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
The Rollerblock 2+ series isn't a pure coupler. You can see the acoustic damping material on the underside of the block:

The Rollerblock Jr series seems to use two cups that sandwich a bearing in between. What's the point of the bearing at all in this application?

Some people use the "Precision Couplers" with a bearing resting in the threaded middle hole. The bearing contact area against the component is minimal, and then the coupler base rests on the platform or shelf. These couplers are designed for mechanical energy transfer without damping:

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Bazelio, I use Rollerblock Jnrs thruout my system. However they work, they work v well. Superior to the Stillpoints I trialled.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Bazelio, I use Rollerblock Jnrs thruout my system. However they work, they work v well. Superior to the Stillpoints I trialled.

They do work well. The best “sounding” rollertypes I have are 20 year old Yamamura Churchill SP-Qs, no longer made nor available. Those are really hard to setup properly.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Emile, what I'm getting is that the Daizas are likely to work best w Daiza footers. But it's a struggle to get these footers to work when they need to be higher.

Maybe people can report back different experience w different non Daiza footers/Daiza platforms combinations.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Emile, what I'm getting is that the Daizas are likely to work best w Daiza footers. But it's a struggle to get these footers to work when they need to be higher.

Maybe people can report back different experience w different non Daiza footers/Daiza platforms combinations.

Daiza footers go below the Daiza. the clearance issue is when there is stock footers on gear above/on-top of the Dazia and that height must be exceeded by another better performing footer so the stock footer is clear of contact.

Last edited:

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
The bottom line is that a Daiza + 3 very basic (cheap) solid spike footers underneath your component will still work a lot of magic. I don’t dispute it can’t be further improved but just basic spikes will dramatically improve the system ime.

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Yes it could have a very modest effect on that, but to have a significant effect it would need to alter the "spring/mass" equation, it would likely only apply to compliant / rubbery footers.

Well, okay we can talk about what counts as 'significant'. :) Be that as it may, whatever material is placed on a Daiza platform will change its resonant frequency as well as the resonance frequencies of the couplers themselves and the component that sits on them. That this happens I don't think is dependent on the type of coupler or footer, however the specific effect of the Daiza will vary depending on coupler and component.

The issue of the coupler seems something of a challenge. Could you avoid it entirely by integrating the coupler into the Daiza? Probably need a few different sizes/designs to maximize the number of different components the Daiza could take based on the components footer location and height - though quite a few components may have their footers easily removed.

I have no clue on what a Daiza costs and how that compares to alternatives. Presumably Daiza cost varies by size? Could you say the price of say a 19" x 16" Daiza for a CJ GAT preamp? Thanks.

Reactions: Taiko Audio

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Well, okay we can talk about what counts as 'significant'. :)

Haha.

The issue of the coupler seems something of a challenge. Could you avoid it entirely by integrating the coupler into the Daiza? Probably need a few different sizes/designs to maximize the number of different components the Daiza could take based on the components footer location and height - though quite a few components may have their footers easily removed.

The only option I have for that right now are the 20mm panzerholz footers as displayed a few posts earlier, 30mm height is under development. As you can clearly see on the photo these would be magnitudes cheaper then other options mentioned.

I have no clue on what a Daiza costs and how that compares to alternatives. Presumably Daiza cost varies by size? Could you say the price of say a 19" x 16" Daiza for a CJ GAT preamp? Thanks.

Euro 550 excluding shipping from The Netherlands and duties / taxes where applicable. (This size would weigh in at around 10Kg).

Reactions: tima

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
Haha.

The only option I have for that right now are the 20mm panzerholz footers as displayed a few posts earlier, 30mm height is under development. As you can clearly see on the photo these would be magnitudes cheaper then other options mentioned.

Could you say the price of say a 19" x 16" Daiza for a CJ GAT preamp? Thanks.

Euro 550 excluding shipping from The Netherlands and duties / taxes where applicable. (This size would weigh in at around 10Kg).

Thanks for that. Seems reasonable. Good luck!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Quick feedback from my visit to Blue58 w Daizas under SGM and Aqua Formula. Like all good changes, esp in the tweaks world, the change is meaningful but doesn't impose any homogeneity from recording to recording.

Main takeway is that Daizas introduce a calm, clarifying result. Music more relaxed and able to stretch it's legs more.

I did detect a tiny bit of leaness compared to before as if tonally things were more upper mids centered. But this is just a hint. Remember, I love my Revopods but Barry found them less effective.

Otoh, musical intelligibility is up, so the balance is good. It may be that a full complement of Daizas will have a synergistic effect, as we've both found w Sablon cbls.

Barry's efforts at this level of refinement are a credit to him, and his Duos continue to delight.

Reactions: Sablon Audio

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
A weird thing I’ve noticed over a few days is the effectiveness of the Daiza is increased as the volume goes up or is it just my hearing. What I’m trying to say is traditional footers work but only to a point (no pun intended).

Audiophile Bill

Mar 23, 2015
A weird thing I’ve noticed over a few days is the effectiveness of the Daiza is increased as the volume goes up or is it just my hearing. What I’m trying to say is traditional footers work but only to a point (no pun intended).

Ask Emile - I also commented on turning the volume up but this was with a different footer insert. I changed the insert over courtesy of Emile sending me others and I didn’t have the issue any more. Was very weird indeed.

I also do think the electronics are operating with less distortion with Daiza in place and possibly that encourages one to listen louder.

Blue58

Jan 20, 2013
London, UK
Ask Emile - I also commented on turning the volume up but this was with a different footer insert. I changed the insert over courtesy of Emile sending me others and I didn’t have the issue any more. Was very weird indeed.

I also do think the electronics are operating with less distortion with Daiza in place and possibly that encourages one to listen louder.
As you say Bill, I think they allow you to play louder without distortion rather than requiring a louder setting.
Very happy with two and fingers crossed for the other three by end of week.
Cheers

Reactions: Audiophile Bill

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing