Rhapsody.Audio

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca
There are no fans in the Extreme.
Thanks Bob

Do you know if the cooling system is based on convection, or are there pumps involved?

Esotar

VIP/Donor
Mar 27, 2016
South Korea
www.digituslabs.kr
70% of SGM Extreme Korean customers are old men.

Unlike you, Korean old audiophiles don't know about PC.

They always don't change Extreme's softwares, but their Extreme status are not good.

This update service makes me monitor their Extreme for quality maintain.

Perhaps, your Extreme may not be 100% quality.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Thanks Bob

Do you know if the cooling system is based on convection, or are there pumps involved?

All passive cooling, no fans or pumps as far as I know.

musicfirst1

VIP/Donor
Mar 8, 2015
Canada
www.musicfirstdistribution.ca

I know a little OT, and for that I apologise, but can someone tell me what this rack is ? It appears to be 2 or 3 deep.

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Emile

In the first 157 pages, if you mentioned whether the liquid cooling in the Extreme is fan assisted or not, I could not find it.
Can you elaborate (again?) on the details of the cooling methods in the Extreme?

It is completely passive, liquid cooling requires a pump (and fans to cool the remote radiator), there are no fans and no pumps. It uses 3 80 watt heat pipes for each CPU connecting to a heatsink machined from solid copper billet.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Can I ask if Extreme literature formally highlights Emile being able to do these remote Roon fixes? Or whether this is just a lovely bonus of Extreme ownership?
(I know that Emile is famed for other Extreme fixes, just wondered if this particular thorny issue is a service that's only just come to light).

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Can I ask if Extreme literature formally highlights Emile being able to do these remote Roon fixes? Or whether this is just a lovely bonus of Extreme ownership?
(I know that Emile is famed for other Extreme fixes, just wondered if this particular thorny issue is a service that's only just come to light).

Marc, this question should be over in the network thread:p:p:p

Reactions: Taiko Audio

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Is there a Groucho Marx routine in here updated to 2020? Along the lines of anyone answering my fool computer audio Qs meaning my Q doesn't belong there?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Is there a Groucho Marx routine in here updated to 2020? Along the lines of anyone answering my fool computer audio Qs meaning my Q doesn't belong there?

giphy-4.gif

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com

It does not formally highlight that but we will always put in maximum effort to achieve customer satisfaction.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
what we realize from this is Emile's undying dedication and resolve to make his server the very top of the top or as the thread says La Creme de la Creme

As always we are fortunate to have this unwavering devotion to bring the very best to all of his clients

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
It does not formally highlight that but we will always put in maximum effort to achieve customer satisfaction.
Can you see anything the Roon boffins might do/could well do, that might defeat yr best intentions?

And should other designers of upper echelon servers be offering a similar level of service? There are two brands which oblige serious financial deducation from the potential buyer.

Reactions: oldmustang

Taiko Audio

Industry Expert
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
taikoaudio.com
Can you see anything the Roon boffins might do/could well do, that might defeat yr best intentions?

And should other designers of upper echelon servers be offering a similar level of service? There are two brands which oblige serious financial deducation from the potential buyer.

Hi Marc,

I will respond in more detail later. But I feel it should be mentioned that IMHO Roon software has been, and still is, a game changer for digital playback. It has changed the streaming landscape.

onlychild

Sep 18, 2019
I sold my Bartok in anticipation of the Chord DAVE, which undoubtedly is delayed. Hopefully I'll have it by next week. Needed to figure out a way to get my daily music fix so I decided to extremely simplify my Extreme setup!!

Extreme --> Dragon Fly Red --> HE1000SE Headphones

Still sounds amazing!! Source is King!! LOL

Can probably bet the house that this is the best sounding Dragon Fly setup in the world!

Now to figure out a way to hook up the Tripoint NG to the Dragon Fly. :rolleyes:

IMG_8316.jpeg IMG_8317.jpeg

Last edited:

onsionsi

Nov 27, 2019
I sold my Bartok in anticipation of the Chord DAVE, which undoubtedly is delayed. Hopefully I'll have it by next week. Needed to figure out a way to get my daily music fix so I decided to extremely simplify my Extreme setup!!

Extreme --> Dragon Fly Red --> HE1000SE Headphones

Still sounds amazing!! Source is King!! LOL

Can probably bet the house that this is the best sounding Dragon Fly setup in the world!

Now to figure out a way to hook up the Tripoint NG to the Dragon Fly. :rolleyes:

View attachment 64849 View attachment 64850

This is the simplest + Complex setup I ever seen :).

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
Kris, if you're only using the eR from the "A" side and so bypassing all the tech in the eR that only comes with sending the signal across the A to B moat, why add it inline with the M12? As I understand, this would just be adding another connection and another LPS at no benefit.

you need to read little more about network audio.
By chaining switches of good quality ( audio dedicated) we are able to seriously increase the signat for good SQ .
Romaz for example was chaining few switches and in his case 4 switches did a great job.

every swich in a chain inprints its character in the network signal .
if you cannect 10 switches it will be still audiable if you cnnnect one more.
I am not saying that chaing 10 is good, I am saying it still has an audiable effect

Kris

Mar 4, 2019
Sonore OM are compatible with single mode-- finally got the OM's to work system.

this is sfp cage. You can use any kind of sfp.
singlemode or multimode , but everyone here likes singlemode.
there is more in single mode you have 1310 nm and 1550 nm wave
of with majority likes 1310.
1550 is much more precise and offers incredebile focuse , but lacks musicality.
it is much more mechanical sounding.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing