Telefunken AD1 triode

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Keep an eye out on the Lampi tube rolling thread.

In a week or two when I know Tesla AD1 versus NOS Marconi Osram PX25 versus Tesla RD27AS really well I will post a fairly detailed review.
Very nice Justin. I'm looking forward to that :cool:
But please also use the known values like the KR PX25 or the EML 45 mesh Anniversary Globes for better comparability in this shoot-out for us mortals to be able to classify your findings ;)

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
It's getting complicated Chris. I'll also have Loewe AD1/400 to do to.

I might have to leave you all guessing LOL;)

denimhunter

Apr 9, 2020
Very nice Justin. I'm looking forward to that :cool:
But please also use the known values like the KR PX25 or the EML 45 mesh Anniversary Globes for better comparability in this shoot-out for us mortals to be able to classify your findings ;)

please add the original ux245. Tks

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
please add the original ux245. Tks

I don't have it. I have Cunningham CX-345 but it isn't a top performer. Definitely not in AD1 league. Or RD27AS for that matter.

My Loewe AD1/400 just arrived. The German postal system is working much quicker than that from CZ at the moment.

Copper is a nice touch.

IMG_20200430_164440.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing