The All Cars Alive Thread // Most Amazing Cars ...

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I like the exterior design. As for the interior I'm not so sure; and it's getting difficult to get inside modern cars today...it seems like (some of them).
The inside looks like an arcade game, a computer circus ride, a mono "Han Solo" cockpit.
You'll be the judge ...

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
I like the exterior design. As for the interior I'm not so sure; and it's getting difficult to get inside modern cars today...it seems like (some of them). The inside looks like an arcade game, a computer circus ride, a mono "Han Solo" cockpit. You'll be the judge ...

Actually center driving seat in road car isn't that new, McLaren F1's been around almost 30 years. This is more recent:

Seems to tick all the boxes too:
  • Center seat: yes
  • Exposed inboard suspension: yes
  • Square steering wheel: yes
  • Luxury features: carbon-ceramic rotors available as option, fire suppression system and master kill switch too :)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
In the video she said it's the "racing driver" mode. ...Like a racing motorcycle, except on four wheels instead of just two, and covered all around, of course...with a side door (driver) working, and inside safety "door ramp" (she tried to climb over), and a full roof.

Looking @ it again I like the exterior design. Inside it's a very different story with that single seat that moves sideways...not particularly my bag. But, she also said that it can be outfit with a passenger seat and a passenger door that works. The car seems to be narrower than the norm (width), so for two riders (driver & passenger) it could be cozy ...

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
The BAC isn't like a race car. It is a formula car that somehow got certified as street legal. It does have a street mode though, in which they even put a speedometer on the display :)

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Give me an old Ford any day of the week..

7 Litre NA, 520hp, hit 182 mph on the test just after I took this pic, very loud and very hot :)

IMG_20190829_092644.jpg

IMG_20190829_092741.jpg

Last edited:

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
Give me an old Ford any day of the week..

7 Litre NA, 520hp, hit 182 mph on the test just after I took this pic, very loud and very hot :)

Keeping precious antique like that is rather large responsibility. A new Ford would probably be easier:

Made right here in Toronto by the way...

Reactions: Uk Paul

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Keeping precious antique like that is rather large responsibility. A new Ford would probably be easier:

Made right here in Toronto by the way...
I simply love the new GT, was thrilled at their Le Mans debut too! Proper car IMO..

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
I simply love the new GT, was thrilled at their Le Mans debut too! Proper car IMO..

Ford GT generations comparison:

The GT40 is a precise replica rather than the real thing, but close enough... I've met a middle one once, parked on the street, when that generation was current. Beautiful. Would imagine the current generation would be even more so. As for Le Mans, Ford seems to have given up on the platform for the upcoming WEC Hypercar regulations. So what are they going to do?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Gee ---?---> https://www.motor1.com/news/381762/aspark-owl-production-model-confirmed/

Aspark Owl Debuts As 1,985-HP EV Hypercar,
Hits 60 MPH In 1.69 Seconds

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing