The All Cars Alive Thread // Most Amazing Cars ...

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Thanks Bob. That review was going so well until she mentioned a 14 yr old driving it. Yep, that's what I want to see coming twds me Lol.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Sir Henry must be spinning at about 3,000 RPM in his grave over that piece of German engineering. Now, this is a Rolls-Royce:

View attachment 62313
Now you're talking. What a bunch of abominations these so-called hypercars are.

The one q I'd REALLY like an answer to, is how the heck do they cope w speed humps, pot holes, debris on the roads etc? You can't even slip a sheet of paper btwn the chassis underside and the road surface.

I saw a low-slung Lambo the other day that literally had to crawl along an uneven road. It was going slower than a disability scooter. And they said owning a supercar was guaranteed to get the girls Lol.

accwai

Jul 26, 2012
The one q I'd REALLY like an answer to, is how the heck do they cope w speed humps, pot holes, debris on the roads etc?
This might answer your question:

You can't even slip a sheet of paper btwn the chassis underside and the road surface.
4" of ground clearance is about where you need to start really paying attention. In fact low (not slammed) cars tend to be very agile. So whatever you can see, you can dodge/work around, most of the time. You'll get used to it soon enough.
I saw a low-slung Lambo the other day that literally had to crawl along an uneven road. It was going slower than a disability scooter. And they said owning a supercar was guaranteed to get the girls Lol.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is Lambo too right?

What a bunch of abominations these so-called hypercars are.
2020 James Bond car | Valhalla
Speaking of hypercar, I understand Aston Martin is yanking Valhalla's big sister, the Valkyrie, out of WEC Hypercar category. What inside scoop does Supercar Blondie have on this development?

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I think supercarblondie is on the right track with the latest ... for example post #52 above (EV).

Many HyperCars she presents us are fabulous, designs wise and costs wise. ...For the HyperClass.

I love beautiful designs and practical cars like any man and woman on the planet, and to reply to Marc's comment regarding pot holes on the road, etc., there are trucks too, EV, like one from Tesla for example...but there are others too with high clearance above the wheels and excellent suspension. Speaking of suspension don't go Lamborghini, go Rolls Royce, Mercedes, or Bugatti.
And some country roads are best to ignore where road's maintenance in torrential countries are tough to keep up. For example in Quebec and in Ontario some roads are a total mess in winter time; you don't want to drive a Lamborghini. In London, the city, just take the bus, or a cab.
Ask Ked.

And Marc, you don't have kids, grandchildren, nieces, nephews above fourteen?

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I think supercarblondie is on the right track with the latest ... for example post #52 above (EV).

Many HyperCars she presents us are fabulous, designs wise and costs wise. ...For the HyperClass.

I love beautiful designs and practical cars like any man and woman on the planet, and to reply to Marc's comment regarding pot holes on the road, etc., there are trucks too, EV, like one from Tesla for example...but there are others too with high clearance above the wheels and excellent suspension. Speaking of suspension don't go Lamborghini, go Rolls Royce, Mercedes, or Bugatti.
And some country roads are best to ignore where road's maintenance in torrential countries are tough to keep up. For example in Quebec and in Ontario some roads are a total mess in winter time; you don't want to drive a Lamborghini. In London, the city, just take the bus, or a cab.
Ask Ked.

And Marc, you don't have kids, grandchildren, nieces, nephews above fourteen?
Nope. I was born 103 yrs old w grumpy attitude to match. So there!

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Ah, you've seen past the mask to the beautiful, spiritually radiant human underneath Lol.

I'm sure I'd be gaga over these if I was 9 yrs old again. Whether I'd really want to drive one as an adult, no, not really.

Give me my Citroën DS or SM, a Ferrari Dino or Superamerica, 70s/80s Porsche 911 Singer restore, classic gullwing Merc, Lambo Miura. Even a Meshersmiidt would do me.

Modern hypercars pwrd from the wall, that make no real noise, and drive themselves? Put on a VR headset instead.

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
The only reason I mentioned you is because you drive a Citroën, not that the car superblondie introduced us to is more for college students and they can plug to any AC outlet.
Only the name Citroën Marc, nothing else and absolutely not that particular car for you.

I see you more with the classy vintage Citroën you already drive. ...Or a sporty Jag, electric, and convertible for when the sun shines and the birds sing outside.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing