The cars you have loved, or are in love with. Tell us your car history and what each one taught you

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
@ DasguteOhr .
I dont like to say it , but it sounds better then my stereo system.

Ps Can you drive with open pipes like Novitec in germany on the autobahn ?
In holland they ticket you.

Ps best is Ferrari though ....V12

Last edited:
Reactions: DasguteOhr

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
Really fast with remap 100-200km/h close to tesla plaid 4.2seconds(4.6sec series spec) but it sounds amazing.
P.S 800kg lighter then tesla

Reactions: andromedaaudio

DasguteOhr

Sep 26, 2013
Germany
@ DasguteOhr .
I dont like to say it , but it sounds better then my stereo system.

Ps Can you drive with open pipes like Novitec in germany on the autobahn ?
In holland they ticket you.

Ps best is Ferrari though ....V12
In Germany, the volume is measured in a certain range idle,3500-4000rpm. If the dB value is correct, you get a TÜV. Above 4500rpm, open valves are allowed. The strange thing is that the more horsepower your car has, the louder it can be. The best sound is Novitec Aventador SVJ. This exhaust is made in hell to kill your neighbors.:p

P.S novictec no way germany over 140db with open valves aventador

Last edited:

mxk116

Mar 24, 2022
I know the LRR guys. Their shop use to be near me in Raleigh. Great people!
Yeah, Glenn Long and the crew at LLR were the best as far as I'm concerned. Mazda moved the MX5 cup car production to a company in Florida around 2018/19 (not certain why). Unfortunately, faced with a personal tragedy, Glenn closed the doors on LRR in 2019. From what I can tell he's back in motorsports with Ford Performance. The way he treated everyone I can only wish him well.

ErVikingo

Feb 6, 2024
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
I might buy this one in the future , a second hand Mc laren 720S.
They go for nice prices these days because the 750S is out

View attachment 127514
I went to buy a Mc 570 in 2017. They had 3 all in the shop for various issues. Left and ordered my R8+. One of my neighbors has a couple of Mc's and absolutely loves them but, they do spend a lot of time at the shop. I think our old Esprit Turbo was more reliable (way less tech to deal with).

Beautiful cars with superb performance. Resale values drop significantly around here.

Slingblade

Jan 24, 2024
East Coast
Yeah, Glenn Long and the crew at LLR were the best as far as I'm concerned. Mazda moved the MX5 cup car production to a company in Florida around 2018/19 (not certain why). Unfortunately, faced with a personal tragedy, Glenn closed the doors on LRR in 2019. From what I can tell he's back in motorsports with Ford Performance. The way he treated everyone I can only wish him well.
Yes, I know he had some tough personal issues to deal with. I love watching Tom whenever he's behind the wheel. I still have the fire suppression system I bought from Glenn a very long time ago... it probably needs to be recharged. :)

Reactions: mxk116

mxk116

Mar 24, 2022
Yes, I know he had some tough personal issues to deal with. I love watching Tom whenever he's behind the wheel. I still have the fire suppression system I bought from Glenn a very long time ago... it probably needs to be recharged. :)
Tom is an exceptional driver. He was up for a Mazda factory ride in ALMS when it was still called ALMS. Do you know what he is driving now?

Audiohertz2

Jun 8, 2023
In order of purchase:

'69 Triumph GT6+
'71 Mustang Mach 1
'74 Lotus Europa
'79 Mazda RX7
'78 Audi Fox GTI
'79 BMW 320i
'85 Merkur XR4Ti
'84 Jeep Cherokee
'82 Porsche 928S (Euro)
'91 Cadillac STS
'92 Nissan Pathfinder
'57 Austin Healey 100-6
'00 Audi A6
'96 Toyota Land Cruiser
'04 Subaru Forester
'10 Mini Countryman All4
'06 Aston Martin DB9 Volante
'18 Mazda CX-9

I loved the Lotus Europa, the Mini Countryman, and the Aston DB9 the most (although the Triumph GT6 was my first car and had many young man adventures, it was a nightmare).
I disliked the Mustang and the Merkur.
The gray-market 928S was very cool at the time.
And the DB9 will still be in my garage when I die.

View attachment 127530

Europa to DB9 you can throw away the rest :)

• Haha
Reactions: ErVikingo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing