The cars you have loved, or are in love with. Tell us your car history and what each one taught you

The roads here (Scottish Borders) are unusually rough. If you go too firm you get punctures and broke wheels.
I'm not sure where you are, but id hazard the roads are better than they are here. Us British seem uniquely incapable of building decent roads. And then maintaining them.
Where i live I'm surrounded by forest, and articulated trucks pound the roads all day.
A setup that works fine anywhere else...well, in europe..will just be giving punctures, broken wheels...shock absorbers...ball joints...suspension arms..☹
Ohh broken wheels thats sad and expensive.:(

Maybe a rallye suspension is better solution at bad roads, i would look at öhlins rallye

In germany it is great to have / use.
In Holland with all the speedbumps speedlimits much less so.

This was parked next to mine while i was charging .

Attachments

• 20240423_175222.jpg
    20240423_175222.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240423_175231.jpg
    20240423_175231.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 20240423_175223.jpg
    20240423_175223.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 20240423_175252.jpg
    20240423_175252.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: heihei
In germany it is great to have / use.
In Holland with all the speedbumps speedlimits much less so.

This was parked next to mine while i was charging .
I think whoever drives a car like this has an HLS system installed. Very good for speed bumps or steep driveways, parking house lift up 4cm in seconds.;)

P.S
After I destroyed the 3 carbon front splitter, I also have an HLS system. It gets expensive in the long run.

Last edited:
you can adjust the rebound and compression of the damper from smooth to hard.
2 clicks less pressure than delivery condition for your vehicle sometimes helps a lot in everyday driving

View attachment 129792

If you use the car only on racetracks V3 clubsport the best payable variant or you go to profi setup expensive Bilstein Evo R

High performance with good ride oil is better than gas charged ..!

Reactions: DasguteOhr
I have KW's on the Supra and def need to soften them up. I basically installed them, set ride height and left it there - but they are way too stiff. I ned to find some time to start fiddling with them.

I have KW's on the Supra and def need to soften them up. I basically installed them, set ride height and left it there - but they are way too stiff. I ned to find some time to start fiddling with them.
You need to get that car corner balanced if you want better traction after changing spring rates , also find out what rate range of springs shocks are charged for ..

Regards

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing