The fabulous Silversmith Fidelium Speaker Cable

b345t

May 10, 2020
I am using the Fidelium with the Sopra 2 and it is a solid match, beat out my Atlas Mavros Grun by far in terms of clarity, midrange. Like a hazy layer had been removed. The bass is a little lighter than the Mavros, but more defined, and a better match in my case since the Sopra is quite bassey.

Reactions: WickyMelb

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
Hello everyone. I would like some input please, in regards to my gear and what others feel i may expect if possible? And also with connection issues if there may be any? I am running Sugden MPA-4 mono blocks, with Dynaudio Confidence 20 speakers. My current cables are .Madison Audio Lab E3Extreme2 Speaker Cables. They pair very well with Sugden and Dynaudio. Will the Fidelium cables be an upgrade?

Hilroy48

Sep 15, 2021
Regina Sk Canada
Never mind, lol. I scored a like new pair of Madison Audio Lab E3Extreme1 Speaker Cables today. I am all set.

Reactions: iain

cd45123

Jan 25, 2021
They’re very special. Reached out to Jeff a couple weeks back and he said that the interconnects should be ready next year. The next tier speaker cable would be dependent on his testing of the new alloy, which he was saying would have to be bought in bulk- seemed there was no other way around that.

One thing that wasn’t discussed much in many of the reviews was the break-in time these need. They were never world class to right off the bat. I’ve purchased two pairs. They took time to really open up, a few weeks for me.

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California
I’ve had the Fideluim cables for over two years now. I like transparency, and this is what I feel I am getting from them in my system. Silversmith has great customer service and have promptly answered all my questions, providing valuable advice.
What kind of service and advice have you needed for cables?

Reactions: Cin

hopkins

Sep 10, 2022
Paris
paulstephane.github.io
What kind of service and advice have you needed for cables?
Best way to fit banana plugs and which ones to use (my amp only accepts banana plugs on its outputs). I also had issues with volume attenuation as both my amp and speakers have low 2 ohm impedance. I ended up using shorter cable lengths (with 2 lengths in parallel). This is specific to my configuration. Though resistance issues have been noted by some earlier in the thread, in most systems this should not be an issue. Anyway, they were helpful in discussing this.

Reactions: shawnw and Argonaut

Dave777tx

Sep 8, 2023
Texas
You are darn right I am claiming that. Take your pick. He is either totally unqualified to be designing speaker cables if he did not foresee this as an issue (it would be, to some degree, with most dynamic speakers, and with others as well). And if he did foresee this as an issue, and does not communicate it clearly in marketing literature, then that is dishonest. You take your pick, incompetent or dishonest. I honestly do not know which one.
I just got the Silversmith cables and they sound great on my system!! They are very revealing and you have to have a system That can handle that, I don’t see any problem with the manufacturer. Not all cables, components and speakers well never the same and none is perfect. Their performance is way above their price, Shunyata, Transparent and any super hi end speaker manufacturer does not offer return on their top of the lines models and sometimes those can sound bad for whatever reason, so you were lucky to get your money back

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing