The new audiophile vinyl series The Original Source from Deutsche Grammophon (AAA)

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Indeed! And in true DG.com fashion, I haven’t received a reply as to when the first batch will ship. Does anyone know the expected ship date?
Same here....even though I have ticked to receive emails for new releases !

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Indeed! And in true DG.com fashion, I haven’t received a reply as to when the first batch will ship. Does anyone know the expected ship date?
Early June, I believe. Indeed, that's the operative word, believe...

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
Yes, the Verdi Requiem is a wonderful piece as are the Brahms Piano Concertos.

I'm sure the DG offering is physically very nice with lovely packaging.

I would look here before paying $40+ to ship a remaster to the States.
Thank you 'tima' .
From your post and hyperlink just bought one in neat mint condition in the UK from Discogs for only £10 plus £4.20 P&P

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
The other issue with ordering from DG.com, other than non-existent customer service and high shipping costs, is they incorrectly (and illegally!) charge VAT on non-EU orders. They should not be charging VAT for shipping addresses outside of the EU.
I have told them I’m boycotting the site until they correct this, and start answering order related emails. I suggest you also write to them, the more that do, the better our chances of getting them to fix this:
customerservice@annakatt-company.com

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
It says 06/02/2023 on the relevant pages we buy those records

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
It says 06/02/2023 on the relevant pages we buy those records
Ok but they still charge VAT when they shouldn’t. That’s an extra 20% for non-EU clients. And you will pay local tax as well when it enters your country.
And try asking an order related question, no one will answer for weeks. If they ever do, it will be incomprehensible or useless.

Reactions: mtemur

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
The main question is : will sound quality be there? Does anyone got Verdi requiem and Brahms piano concertos originals to judge sound quality? If its bad, remastering will not help

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
The Emil Gilels and Eugen Jochum Brahms Piano concerto pair with the Berliners is one of the great piano orchestral performances of like forever!! Wonderful.
How is the sound?

Bonesy Jonesy

Jan 3, 2017
UK & Spain
How is the sound?
Give me a week or so to wait for all three of the originals I have just ordered on Discogs and I will let you know.

Reactions: Long Live Analog

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Ok but they still charge VAT when they shouldn’t. That’s an extra 20% for non-EU clients. And you will pay local tax as well when it enters your country.
And try asking an order related question, no one will answer for weeks. If they ever do, it will be incomprehensible or useless.
I am not defending DG or their practices. I have no affiliation with them. I just answered your question :)

Reactions: mtemur

Lxgreen

Jul 27, 2020
Westlake Village, CA, USA
I just saw the first four Original Source titles are available for presale on MusicDirect. Plus they are less money and obviously much less shipping charges for USA customers. I think I’ll wait to buy any more of these titles from DG until they appear on Music Direct.

Reactions: Zeotrope

Kjetil

Oct 28, 2022
Hamar, Norway
Ordered the Verdi Requiem. All good.
But I also ordered the Abbado Ravel Debussy. I have the original French "gold box" issue so I guess I'm no better than those who have 10 different masters of DSotM...

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
I just saw the first four Original Source titles are available for presale on MusicDirect. Plus they are less money and obviously much less shipping charges for USA customers. I think I’ll wait to buy any more of these titles from DG until they appear on Music Direct.
Thanks for this!
The price is actually identical, with shipping (at least to Canada); but it's good to know that Music Direct carries these. I won't order from DG.com again.

Zeotrope

Feb 11, 2021
France, Canada
DG.com customer service seems to be getting their act together! Perhaps it's because others from this forum have complained.
I am getting the VAT that was incorrectly charged refunded... and they apologized for their lack of replies. Positive!

Rotatoubib

May 17, 2015
France
Good news, but it's still far from perfect. I ordered the same day a Mastercut Edition ( 440 €) , available now, and 2 original source, delivered 06/02/2023; they said that both will be delivered 06/02/2023, as its a unique order. I asked them to ship the Mastercut right now, but they told me that its not possible. So you pay shipping cost twice ( each order) , and you wait until June...​

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
Those who preordered, stand by. My four titles just arrived…

IMG_0020.jpeg

Marcus

Member Sponsor
Oct 5, 2012
IMG_0022.jpeg C373DAA5-A610-4B12-A1E8-AC86838B88CB.jpeg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing