The ultimate Reiner/CSO Scheherazade in analog

PaulB

Jan 22, 2020
Minneapolis, Minnesota
analog.audio
its pretty tough to beat the Analogue Productions tape. I have it and several versions of the LP but the tape is simply better

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
its pretty tough to beat the Analogue Productions tape.
but my 45 pressing did beat it. so i sold the tape. of course; my copy might have been a bad transfer. with tape it can happen. they are hand done.
I have it and several versions of the LP but the tape is simply better
do you have the now 25 year old Classic 4 disc 45 version?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Ansermet's first stereo version was with the Paris Conservatoire orchestra, and the second with OSR. The later version is much preferred.

i have the OSR, it sucks. His pictures is a decent recording, mediocre performance.

His Chabrier espana is fine

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
but my 45 pressing did beat it. so i sold the tape. of course; my copy might have been a bad transfer. with tape it can happen. they are hand done.

My buddy also bought the tape. It sounded bland and not vibrant compared to Classic 45s, we both much preferred the Classic 45s. He sold his copy as well.

PaulB

Jan 22, 2020
Minneapolis, Minnesota
analog.audio

nope.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
The AP Pictures is also poor. AP classical is not good, their jazz are better.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing