Thoughts on Paypal as a "seller"

I made an Audiogon sale last week and the buyer wanted to use PayPal. I haven’t used it in years. Everything went smoothly. I uploaded Fed ex tracking info and PayPal said they would release funds within a day of my buyer receiving his goods. It’s now 3 days later and they’re saying the transaction is out of my norm and expected release date of MY MONEY is now July 28th!
The buyer, in Japan by the way received his goods and is happy. Fed Ex tracker shows him signing for the package. I’m not talking about an insignificant amount of money

Does anyone know how to get ahold of a real person at PayPal to move this along? I don’t seem to be having any luck.
My experience exactly. I could never get hold of a human being at Paypal to have a rational conversation. My buyer confirmed in writing he was happy but it made no difference. It was about 7 weeks before I got my money. I haven't been near Paypal since.

PayPal is ok *As long as your buyer is prepared to declare the transaction as Gift * that way the funds are direct and cannot be subject to a claim for refund against you … its a game of trust between buyer and seller tho .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing