Totaldac D1-Direct dac and D1-Driver amp driver have arrived in Hong Kong

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
Hello,
Here is a review of the d1-direct:
https://www.audiostream.com/content/totaldac-d1-direct-dac-review

i wish reviewers would include sufficient setup details........how was the N10 connected to the d1-direct, via
spdif, usb, aes/ebu, coax?

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Thanks. So what are the considerations between this new model and your anniversary, seven model, which is quite recent as well?

Additionally , does one get better sound by having the streamer inside DAC unit? Or is one better off in getting the external reclocker / streamer box?

And what is the bass booster option? What does it do? In what scenarios does one need it?

Thanks

Caesar,

The d1-direct can make an even better sound than the d1-seven when the amplifier or preamplifier plays loud enough with a 1.6V source, which is most time the case. All last users didn't have such problem.

The external d1-server gives a better sound than the internal server board because the d1-server embeds also the Totaldac reclocker which plays a major role.

The bass boost is a kind of equalizer for bass, to compensate the lack of bass that some speakers have.

caesar

May 30, 2010
Caesar,

The d1-direct can make an even better sound than the d1-seven when the amplifier or preamplifier plays loud enough with a 1.6V source, which is most time the case. All last users didn't have such problem.

The external d1-server gives a better sound than the internal server board because the d1-server embeds also the Totaldac reclocker which plays a major role.

The bass boost is a kind of equalizer for bass, to compensate the lack of bass that some speakers have.

Thank you so much!

cat6man

Feb 6, 2013
west of NYC, east of SF
What footers are folks finding beneficial under the D1-direct and D1-reclocker?

I'm just beginning to explore CMS2 1.0s and saw a post (somewhere?) that CMS2 made a great impact on the D1-direct.
I put a pair of sets under my D1-direct and xp-22 preamp and heard an improvement in a very short listen (certainly not enough time for them to settle in), but i have since moved them to my tube monoblocks (for which I'd originally borrowed them from my dealer).

Is there additional benefit to putting them under both the D1-direct and the re-clocker? Is there more gain with one than the other (if i have a limited number of sets and/or $$)

totaldac

Industry Expert
Aug 17, 2012
France
www.totaldac.com
Reactions: CKKeung

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing