Tripoint Empress

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
great stuff...where does it connect to? i know that some speaker manufacturers have a grounding post on the back using a separate binding post.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
great stuff...where does it connect to? i know that some speaker manufacturers have a grounding post on the back using a separate binding post.

Connects to the speaker binding post . Entreq does something similar with the Posiedon , but only to the negative binding post .

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
will be interesting to hear comments from those who have tried either Entreq or Tripoint this way. thanks

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
will be interesting to hear comments from those who have tried either Entreq or Tripoint this way. thanks

i know how the Tripoint Troy Signature compares (in my mind approximately 5x) the Entreq Silver Tellus on my front end.

and i have an idea of the sonic effects the Entreq Poseidon grounded to my negative speaker terminals. the mind 'boggles' imagining that same '5x' factor (or more).

the question(s) for me would be is my money better spent adding a Tripoint Prince to the front end and moving my Tripoint Troy to the amps (for amp chassis grounding)? or simply adding 2 of these Empress units to my amps and staying with my Troy on the front end? are these Empress units better suited to grounding the signal path with the amps than the Prince or Troy? chassis grounding or signal path grounding?

we are talking about the meaning of life type stuff here.:D

scratching my toy car itch has slowed down any additional audio investments for now. :(

Last edited:

justubes

Aug 10, 2015
Hi Mike,

Which cables did you use when you 1st compared the troy and the silver tellus.

The addition of a good grounding cable seems to boost these grounding devices up a few notches, even for the entreqs, so just to get a prespective of what adding the troy would do.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing