Two More Killer Apps

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Having recently been on vacation and out of touch with my family I found two absolutely killer apps which makes communication with friends and family easy but so also free

1. What's App. This is a $0.99 download from the app store and allow completely free exchange of text messages between users who have the app installed on their smart phone from anywhere in the world

This is highly recommended and other than the $0.99 install charge all text messages between users of the app are free from anywhere in the world. As stated this app works on iphones, droids, blackberry etc

http://www.whatsapp.com/

2. My youngest son is presently in the Middle East for the past 2 weeks and he and I have been talking by phone completely free (even the install is free) using a VOIP app called Viber.
This is truly remarkable as the sound quality is perfect and as stated completely free. The only requirement is that the sender and receiver have viber installed.

http://www.viber.com/

Both of these apps are truly remarkable and a unique way to stay in touch with friends

NOTE: in order for free MMS and VOIP the sender just needs to tether to a local wifi for free service.

As always make sure that your data roaming is set to "off"

Steve, if you are making the call from the U.S., do you still have to turn off data roaming? As far as I know, my carrier, Verizon, doesn't charge for data roaming if you are in the U.S. Of course, I can see that the person outside of the 'States would need to have data roaming off. Thanks.

I spent an hour this morning on iChat playing peekaboo and being read to by my baby grand daughter. Gotta love this technology.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing