Updating to Mac OS Ventura 13.0

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I recently updated my MBP to OS Ventura 13.0. I immediately noticed the screen sizing is off when viewing WBF. In fact I find the only way to adequately view WBF is to click "View" and in the drop down, click "Enter full screen"

Has anyone else noticed this or am the only one to do the update

it is IMO a glitch to the new OS

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
I have the update and there are no issues. What MBP do you have? I can't understand why an OS update would affect what you see in a browser, which is a separate environment. Try hitting command + 0 in Safari in order to return your page view to 100%. Maybe that got tweaked in the update?

Steve Williams

I have the update and there are no issues. What MBP do you have? I can't understand why an OS update would affect what you see in a browser, which is a separate environment. Try hitting command + 0 in Safari in order to return your page view to 100%. Maybe that got tweaked in the update?
2.3 GHz 8-core intel Core i9

I tried the Commannd 0 and it helped only slightly. The only way I can get perfect screen sizing is to enter full screen mode

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
The only other thing I would suggest is to double check your display settings in preferences to see if they somehow got switched

Steve Williams

I found the problem and deleted it. Things are back to normal. I was using a version of Mackeeper to clean up my files. I uninstalled and deleted it and suddenly my screen is back to normal

BruceD

VIP/Donor
Dec 13, 2013
Hell yes Mackeeper is the Plague--never install that! :mad: --Steve you may still have Preferences from that thing in your files
maybe check with you local tech--if he thinks they could be a nuisance .

They will show in /Library/ Preferences/Mackeeper/plist file extension.
Right Click and move to Trash

Ask what he thinks of ClamXAV--use it on my Macs--just set to scan every day the full Computers in the background and tells you immediately if any nasties.
Frankly it usually pays to wait a few months to get the bugs sorted in new IOS operating systems --

Good Luck there,

BruceD

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing