USB cable recommended?

amey01

Mar 3, 2015
Queensland, Australia
Unfortunately I moved my Mad Scientist Black Magic USB cable on, so cannot compare it to the the MS Black Magic Ultra.

Planning to evaluate it next week after 300 hours.
A friend has just received his, and says after 12 hours the ultra pulls away from the original with much more detail and soundstage.
So if (after 300 hours of course), I connect one to my computer and do my banking, will I get a bigger bank balance?

2Windows

Sep 20, 2020
Did you saw the last siltech cable series, called Royal Crown, I'm interested in Royal Double Crown USB cable, there is a Royal Single Crown USB too.

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
One can blame USB protocol for several deficiencies, but certainly NOT for being “lossy protocol “. It is not lossy

let's better say USB is not mathematically proven to be lossless or bit perfect.. Ethernet does..

Bobbyblitz

Sep 12, 2022
Hello everyone, how are the running-in tests going of Mad Scientist Black Magic USB cable?
can you make comparisons with previous cables?

Reactions: Miki70

thyname

Apr 22, 2019
N. Virginia
Hello everyone, how are the running-in tests going of Mad Scientist Black Magic USB cable?
can you make comparisons with previous cables?
It's truly remarkable. However, it took a while to really break in and open up. I would say at least 50 hours, maybe more. I practically no longer hear any difference vs. my previous USB, the SR Galileo SX. The Mad Scientist Ultra USB is actually a bit more musical. Galileo maybe has a bit more details and "sparkle", but I think I prefer the Mad Scientist more. And for the price (compared to Galileo) is a no brainer!

Bobbyblitz

Sep 12, 2022
Thank you Thyname, that's just what I wanted to hear.
I found an offer for a used SR Galileo sx (anyway 1600 €) and I was about to get it, as I took SR Atmosphere X Reference Ethernet Cable and I'm very happy with it. But now the choice is even more difficult, since I thought of combining it with the Active Ground Block if to optimize its effects

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
I'm not able to compare.
But 400 hours on the Black Magic Ultra USB cable and TWL Freedom ethernet cables.

Put on Christine and the Queens 'Tilted,' which I know very well.

It was super quiet. The first thing I noticed.
And hadn't heard that far into the music before.
That's with Grado RS1 out of my previous Dac.

jerrybj

Feb 27, 2022
New Zealand
A friend said about his Black Magic Ultra:
"The Ultra resembles the original but pulls away by imparting much more detail and soundstage while improving timbre and virtually eliminating tonal bias."

Sep 10, 2022
I traded my Shunyata Sigma for a Nordost Valhalla 2. so far im loving the upgrade. want to try FTA sinope next.

Reactions: christoph

Magnuska

Nov 21, 2020
Ordered a Mad Scientist Ultra USB as well as many others here. Look forward to hear it in my system. :)

Reactions: Miki70 and jerrybj

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Sep 10, 2022
not yet its coming with my horizon dac. i have a siltech classic legend 880 coming in hopefully this week.

Reactions: kmyl and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
not yet its coming with my horizon dac. i have a siltech classic legend 880 coming in hopefully this week.
Very interesting.
Please let us know about your various findings.

Oh, and congrats on your incoming Horizon.
You are in for a real treat ;)

Calvinj

Aug 1, 2022
The Infigo usb seems to be the very best usb cable I have owned/or tried.
Check out my review on Audiogon.

Audiogon Discussion Forum

ozzy
Ozzzy Glad we were able to make you happy. Speaker cables will be ready to try between 20-27th of the month. If anyone else wants to try usb cables or interconnects let me know. I will be sending more demos out.

s_c

Dec 13, 2018
Compared Diamond and Callisto 1:1 few years ago, think it was one of the Callisto's earliest release...
Callisto won with classic knock-out in first round.

• Haha
Reactions: christoph

Magnuska

Nov 21, 2020
Ordered a Mad Scientist Ultra USB as well as many others here. Look forward to hear it in my system. :)
Delivery from New Zealand to Sweden was much faster than I expected. Now its here and I look forward to hear more as it burns in. But it sounds very good so far.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing