Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
New Infigo commentary HERE.

Magnuska

Nov 21, 2020
Delivery from New Zealand to Sweden was much faster than I expected. Now its here and I look forward to hear more as it burns in. But it sounds very good so far.
After 16 days of my new mad scientist black magic ultra running in my system there has been ups and downs like always in burn in process. I can`t say how many hours but it seems that now it has opened up. Its a wonderful USB cable. Dynamic, clean , very quiet letting the music and the artists intention with the music get through. Very impressive.

Calvinj

Aug 1, 2022
I have infigo xlr ro demo as well as usb. Who wants to try?

Sep 10, 2022
Just received my 1.5m Siltech Classic legend 880 usb. this is a well put together high quality looking and feeling cable. it will be going up against a shunyata alpha and a nordost Valhalla 2

Reactions: Audio 1

antigrunge

Jan 17, 2022
Still on Intona Reference+Isolator. Not found anything equal yet. Strictly matched impedance seems key on USB.

Audio 1

Jul 18, 2022
Naples, FL
Just received my 1.5m Siltech Classic legend 880 usb. this is a well put together high quality looking and feeling cable. it will be going up against a shunyata alpha and a nordost Valhalla 2
I have been using a Shunyata Alpha with my Innuos Statement and I am interested in your thoughts on the Siltech Legend 880. Thus far I have preferred the Shunyata to others I have tried.

HollywoodAmps

Nov 25, 2022
I've tried a bunch. Best I've had is from @pranawire and board member @Joe Cohen. The USB cable he makes is called the Proton. Standard length is 0.6m. USB A-B.

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
So I've been making my own USB cables for over 15 years :) Since I started building state of the art music servers for clients :) Now I am lazy so I start with good commercial USB cables and then apply my own magic from there. My favorite commercial cable so far has been the Supra Excalibur USB cable. I typically start there and apply my own recipes for noise reduction and enhancement of the signal.

Recently I ordered some of the Mad Scientist Nano tweaks to try out in my system. They made a difference applied in various ways to different cables and power supplies they recommend. they made a really nice difference wherever I put them.

But I was really taken aback when I applied the Nano discs to my USB cable at the input side. Wow! Really reveals detail by stripping away noise I didn't know was there. Mad Scientist really knows their stuff! Today I've ordered a bunch more Nano products to delve into this more. So I imagine their USB cable is pretty awesome!

I might try their USB cable sometime, but I've got my own bag of tricks, which might not be easyh to apply to their cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miki70 and nortberg

nortberg

Nov 25, 2018
So I've been making my own USB cables for over 15 years :) Since I started building state of the art music servers for clients :) Now I am lazy so I start with good commercial USB cables and then apply my own magic from there. My favorite commercial cable so far has been the Supra Excalibur USB cable. I typically start there and apply my own recipes for noise reduction and enhancement of the signal.

Recently I ordered some of the Mad Scientist Nano tweaks to try out in my system. They made a difference applied in various ways to different cables and power supplies they recommend. they made a really nice difference wherever I put them.

But I was really taken aback when I applied the Nano discs to my USB cable at the input side. Wow! Really reveals detail by stripping away noise I didn't know was there. Mad Scientist really knows their stuff! Today I've ordered a bunch more Nano products to delve into this more. So I imagine their USB cable is pretty awesome!

I might try their USB cable sometime, but I've got my own bag of tricks, which might not be easyh to apply to their cable.
Are the Nano discs self adhesive or is it our old friend Blu Tack to the rescue?

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
Are the Nano discs self adhesive or is it our old friend Blu Tack to the rescue?
They come with a small dot of blu tack on the bottom. But I've been using electrical tape to secure them better.

Reactions: nortberg

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
Well i just have to say:; " MARVELOUS ", its a Fantastic USB cable
Awesome! Can you compare it to your other favorites?

Reactions: adamaley and Miki70

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I recently upgraded my stock UB cable to the ifi audio Mercury 3.0. I don't know why but there was a dramatic improvement. I definitely recommend tossing your stock cable for a premium brand. Which one? Sorry you are on your own. I love mine.

Miki70

Aug 17, 2018
Mérida, Yucatán. México
Awesome! Can you compare it to your other favorites?
Well yes I have had Curious, Lush, Ghent , OYAIDE, SABLON 2020 and SABLON EVO which i only had for a week ( it was a loaner from a friend with intention to buy if i decide to keep it ), so contest was very tight between two of them :

EVO or BMU ?

EVO is remarkable well balanced and neutral with great body presentation and very nice resolution definitely a set up over the 2020,

BMU is there too but perhaps a bit but really tiny bit of less body compared to the EVO, ohhh but the highs and resolution are to die for it is just addictive and even Body is a bit better on the EVO i could not let the BMU go, even when i really had bias to the EVO.

I loved both and it was very hard and i mean very hard for me and some friends to decide, but at least in my system the BMU won but not for being a better cable, it just suits better my taste and my system.

I guess it all comes to taste ...

Hope that helps !

Last edited:

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020
Reactions: Miki70

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing