Vintage_Tube System - almost complete (?? yeah right)

vintage_tube

Nov 1, 2012
East Coast
Not sure but it just occurred to me that I never (at least that I can remember) posted a picture of my rig in the forum.

Please no comments about sound panels, etc., - my modest rig was upstairs years ago and the wife was gone on a weeklong business trip. I took the opportunity to donate some furniture, bring it downstairs and painted the entire room to include trim. When she came home, she said, "what's that" and I said what do you mean? She said those two things in the corner of the room (bass traps). I said bass traps and she said, "that's a no go." Well, placed them back into their boxes and hauled them up to the 3d floor walkup attic where they sit to this day & so does my rig- in the living room.
biggrin.gif
Happy wife, happy life.

Well, it's gone through many iterations over the last few months - and have a few more changes coming within I hope the next month.

As of 07/01/2024

VAC 450iQ Mono Amps
VAC Master Preamplifier w/Gold Lion 6922 Gold Pins Presently FOR SALE
VAC Statement Preamplifier (pending another 2-3+ weeks in build stage)

VAC Renaissance Special Edition Phono Preamplifier w/6 Gold Lion 12AX7 Gold Pins & XLR Outputs
SME 20/2 Turntable w/SME Series V Tone Arm & Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge
Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JFR Magnetic Sciences, Akai RC-17 cabled remote (Original Owner since 1974)
dCS Rossini Transport
dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC
dCS Vivaldi Upsampler Plus (+)
dCS Vivaldi Clock
Wilson Alexia V speakers (awaiting dealer WASP protocols/install of Acoustic Diodes) In meantime putting hours on these marvels
Borresen X2 Floor Standers (For Sale) were Temporary speakers until Wilson Alexia V arrive)
2 Furutech GTX-D NCF ® 20A Duplex Outlets/plate/cover on 2 Dedicated 20A runs on same phase in power panel.
Ansuz Mainz C3 Power Distributor
Ansuz Mainz C2 1M power cable to the Furutech wall outlet
2 HRS M3X2-1921 Isolation shelves with G7 Footers/G-Links & Sound Anchors Conecoasters
1 HRS M3X2-1921 Isolation Shelf (for TT)
4 HRS DPX-14545 Damping Plates
3 Ansuz Mainz T2 Footers
1 Ansuz Mainz T2 Adjustable Footer
Nordost Odin 2 2M Supreme Reference 2M speaker cables resting on 4 Sort Lifts
1 Nordost Odin 2 Power Cable 1.25M
7 Nordost Odin 1 Supreme Reference Power Cables, 1.25M
1 Nordost Tyr 2 Power Cable, 1.25M
1 Nordost Heimdall 2 Power Cable, 1.25M
2 Nordost Odin 2 XLR/XLR, 1.25M
2 Nordost Odin 1 XLR/XLR, 2M
5 Nordost Valhalla 1 Digital BNC/BNC 75-ohm Clock Cables, 1.25M
2 Nordost Odin 2 digital AES/EBU Cables, 110 ohm 1.25M
1 Nordost Odin 2 Tone Arm Cable 1.25M
1 WireWorld Platinum Starlight 8 Ethernet Cable, 2M
Audio Desk PRO Record Cleaning Machine
ENM hour Meter (hand built & records hours & tenths of audio play time - runs off VAC Preamplifier 12v trigger)
Tube Test sets: Maximatcher 2 Power Tube tester, Maximatcher preamp 2 tester, Heathkit TT-1, Space-Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube tester.

IMG_5761a.JPG

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing