VYGER turntable, VISION tonearm, TITAN vacuum controller, and ME

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Whaaoo… :eek: .. that’s all I can say, haha!
Those shop compressor are inexpensive compared to dental or other low noise compressors, as mine is oil free it breaks every 3-4 years, and i just buy a new one. My TT originally came with a converted refrigerator compressor built into a beautiful wood box, it was the luxurious high pressure model, was very heavy, made the whole house smell like oil and produced a lot of condensation. It died a week after i had payed for Fedex shipping from the US ! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Johan K

Johan K

Dec 27, 2022
Sweden
Those shop compressor are inexpensive compared to dental or other low noise compressors, as mine is oil free it breaks every 3-4 years, and i just buy a new one. My TT originally came with a converted refrigerator compressor built into a beautiful wood box, it was the luxurious high pressure model, was very heavy, made the whole house smell like oil and produced a lot of condensation. It died a week after i had payed for Fedex shipping from the US ! :rolleyes:
It is a though life being an audiophile ?:D!

Reactions: Lagonda

BjörnÖsten

Jan 28, 2020
I had made a similar system before.

However I used proportional valves to control and maintain the air at constant and JUN-AIR compressor.

I used a laminar flow filter to rid the smell of oil and it had very low condensate via a condensing tank.

It used a similar algorithm as the titan but instead of controlling the motor to the compressor it controlled the valves instead.

Andrew Brown-Stone currently has this system at his house and it is silent.

There is a barrier to the system insofar as it is very expensive, but could be implemented in a situation where there is a commercial justification in doing so, for instance if the end user was willing to pay for such.

However the titan system is also quiet and is a very refined, as to whether the extraneous costs are justified would be down to the purchaser to decide.

The issue with even regulated Shop compressor in my experience is that they too use a bang-bang type control, so it is off or on and that is it, not to say this is not a working model, it is just quite rudimentary in context to producing an actual product, but whatever works for you in DIY is a different story. And all shop compressor have a blow off safety valve in the event of failure.

Being an overly risk averse Nordic I would probably have a thousand fail safes on this system

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
I had made a similar system before.

However I used proportional valves to control and maintain the air at constant and JUN-AIR compressor.

I used a laminar flow filter to rid the smell of oil and it had very low condensate via a condensing tank.

It used a similar algorithm as the titan but instead of controlling the motor to the compressor it controlled the valves instead.

Andrew Brown-Stone currently has this system at his house and it is silent.

There is a barrier to the system insofar as it is very expensive, but could be implemented in a situation where there is a commercial justification in doing so, for instance if the end user was willing to pay for such.

However the titan system is also quiet and is a very refined, as to whether the extraneous costs are justified would be down to the purchaser to decide.

The issue with even regulated Shop compressor in my experience is that they too use a bang-bang type control, so it is off or on and that is it, not to say this is not a working model, it is just quite rudimentary in context to producing an actual product, but whatever works for you in DIY is a different story. And all shop compressor have a blow off safety valve in the event of failure.

Being an overly risk averse Nordic I would probably have a thousand fail safes on this system
There is always the ultimate fail safe when the hose blows of the TT ! :eek: I have fittet a large valve that totally disengages the air flow to the arm bearing, the high pressure/ flow part of the TT, for when i am using my SME 3012R arm. If i had to have the compressor in the listening room, i would definitely buy the Titan system, maybe i will add a VYGER to my system one day, they are very cool TT's !:)

Reactions: Argonaut

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
i would definitely buy the Titan system, maybe i will add a VYGER to my system one day, they are very cool TT's !:)
Vyger, ML Statements, Lagonda parties !!

• Haha
Reactions: Bobvin and Lagonda

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
So many reasons never to visit you, Milan.

• Haha

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
So many reasons never to visit you, Milan.
If you ever come Marc, you are bringing your airblades ! :) I have a feeling you rarely leave your town, and almost never your Country !;)

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
With that bomb in your house, I'll make my excuses

• Haha

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
With that bomb in your house, I'll make my excuses
Speaking about bombs Marc, what are you using that petrol canister in your listening room for ? Is it for when you finally give up and dowse yourself and your system in petrol, or is it a high-tech expansion tank for when your Terminator finally explodes ? :eek:
AD1BA400-ADF7-4141-8880-7B9BC56FCD9B.jpeg

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Speaking about bombs Marc, what are you using that petrol canister in your listening room for ? Is it for when you finally give up and dowse yourself and your system in petrol, or is it a high-tech expansion tank for when your Terminator finally expodes ? :eek:
View attachment 107489

Marc torturing himself in audio using that can.

• Haha

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Speaking about bombs Marc, what are you using that petrol canister in your listening room for ? Is it for when you finally give up and dowse yourself and your system in petrol, or is it a high-tech expansion tank for when your Terminator finally expodes ? :eek:
View attachment 107489
You HAVE been paying attention!

Reactions: Lagonda and bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
Reactions: bonzo75

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
Speaking about bombs Marc, what are you using that petrol canister in your listening room for ? Is it for when you finally give up and dowse yourself and your system in petrol, or is it a high-tech expansion tank for when your Terminator finally
Advance Pay Per View tickets have just gone viral …

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: bonzo75 and Lagonda

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Marc torturing himself in audio using that can.

Is that Marc in the chair, having an audio epiphany listening to Zu speakers, loosing a ear in the process if i remember right ? :eek:

Reactions: bonzo75

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
I must be the reincarnation of Van Gogh, or that poor police officer in Reservoir Dogs.

• Haha
Reactions: mtemur and Lagonda

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing