WA Sasha DAW vs Kharma Elegance dB9-S/dB11-S

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I know they are all great speakers, but would like to ask this question anyway:)
I’ve auditioned Sashas at home and liked them a lot. Planning to audition Kharma dB9 or -S (don’t know which one yet) this weekend. I did not consider Kharma speakers before, as I thought, they are much more expensive, even compared to WA. It turns out, dB9-S is actually cheaper than Sashas, and dB11-S is just a little bit more expensive. They look beautiful, and the new Kharma Omega driver should do wonders. Unfortunately, I have not found any measurements of the Kharma models. Do they present the same load to an amplifier as Sasha DAW? Can they play at very low volume levels?
Please, share your experience about these two brands/models.

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I know, but I can’t put them into my living roomo_O. Well, I probably can, but my wife will definitely leave me and will take my two kids...

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I know, but I can’t put them in my living roomo_O. Well, I probably can, but my wife will definitely leave me and will take my two kids...

Sorry I deleted my video as did want Wilson fans to say I put a better sounding speaker video on their thread

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Sorry I deleted my video as did want Wilson fans to say I put a better sounding speaker video on their thread
Don’t worry, Wilson fans (including myself) will never admit it:)

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
I’ve auditioned Kharma Elegance dB7 this weekend. Very nice full bodied middle range, clean and comfortable HF. Unfortunately, the resolution and dynamics are not on the same level, as in the case of WA Sasha DAW. Maybe the bigger models in the Elegance range with the new Omega 7 midrange driver are much better, but they are not available for home audition, so I will never know.
F5F05D31-290F-45AD-8082-3AAB20880EEC.jpeg

Now I have another candidate for home audition: VSA VR-55 Active. Will keep you posted.

Attachments

• 207F3BC3-698C-49F8-B6F6-46D8B2A4B4F9.jpeg
    207F3BC3-698C-49F8-B6F6-46D8B2A4B4F9.jpeg
    328.1 KB · Views: 2

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Do you guys think, that Sasha DAW has a chance against VSA VR-55? It does not seem to be the case based on what I’ve read so far.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
My partner uses his VR-55s with Lamm ML2.1s. Like your S20 EXD, 18 watts with robust, some have said, overbuilt power supplies. No problems at low volumes at all and can handle crescendos in the 90+ dB SPL range. The sound is sweet and vibrant. 300Bs are generally richer than 6c33s so I'm guessing you would have that additional richness as well. He listens mostly to classical music with a penchant for Bartok. His system does vocals and strings very, very well. My only complaint is that he is digital only LOL His front end is comprised of an Aurender into a LH Da Vinci II DAC. Pre is an LL2 with Mullard and Teles. He is my partner so obviously cabling is now all MasterBuilt Signature.

I've heard neither the Kharmas nor the new DAW so I can't comment.

Reactions: abeidrov

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Thanks Jack, this is good to know. Kharma is not my cup of tea. Now it is between Sashas and VSA:)]

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing