Watch Tesla Unveil Its Pickup Truck In Under 6 Minutes

I would like to see crash tests of that truck, check the front and rear bumpers.
Also I'd like to see another truck smashing on its driver side.
A truck is build to get tough, much tougher than a car, and to go off roads, in the mountains, with very bad trails and heavy rocks and snow...where no cars dare to venture.

I would also like to see it roll over to check if it can get back on its four wheels.
If not it needs a winch under the front hood and another in the rear.
How can it manoeuvre in roads with couple feet of mud? ...That's real life situations for trucks in tough country roads with bad weather...northern Alberta, Canada...I've been there.

It's funny those YouTube videos...the cybertruck is riding on highways.
For highways ... Tesla Roadster thank you very much sir.

* Good one Joe, the new electric Mustang. :D

Last edited:
Diesels are cleaner than gas. And there is nothing intimidating about the T-slaw... It's been pretty well shown by sales that the bigger, flatter, and taller the front is the better a truck sells.

Unless you are following one, then it's carcinogenic.

Big fronts on trucks are to make them look like Semi's and more intimidating. Big trucks for small amphibian brains.

Unless you are following one, then it's carcinogenic.

Big fronts on trucks are to make them look like Semi's and more intimidating. Big trucks for small amphibian brains.

No, they are less so than gas. The problem with them is the concentration of carbon in any given area can be problematic when you only have diesel cars, like parts of Germany. It isn’t cancer, it’s just too much of one thing displacing air. The positive is carbon is heavier and settles to the ground, where it’s harmless. Diesels aren’t perfectly clean, and US standards for them are estranged so it makes them sound dirtier.

Bob those links don’t change what I said. The first one is counting carbon as a pollutant. It’s a problem in large concentrations, but isn’t inherently bad. You can swallow activated charcoal to detox without any ill effects in short term (long term competes with nutrients). The second says it slightly raises cancer risk, but that would be the same for gas engines if they were used in the same way on trains etc.

Depending on the regions ... Some regions in the USA, France, UK, ...diesel engines are bad and they eliminate them.

Anyway that EV Tesla cybertruck is less polluting and damaging for the environment and human health that diesel and gasoline trucks, and ICE cars. They just need a more attractive design, I think. But I'm sure people are still ordering them (many orders so far).
This is only a first...Tesla is constantly working on improving. Who else has an EV cyber truck?

I was shocked when i first saw it...radically. I mean the design is far from what I expected. The lines are just too sharp for my own personal taste, or I'm just not used to it so far...and I don't know if I ever will. I owned more trucks in the last forty-five years than cars. I used trucks to work, cars to play...in general...about 90%+.

Cool, that one looks like a real traditional truck...not from Back to the Future to Blade Runner 2049 sci-fi flicks.

Check the bedroom positioning (ladder entrance - the other side), and where the kitchen comes from!
https://rivian.com/

Now that's exciting; off road vacationing/camping. Save on gas, save on hotel room service, motels, restaurants, ...the whole shebang.

Last edited:
The Tesla truck will not be available for 3 years, assuming they stay on schedule. I would expect it’s design to evolve over that period.

Funny enough, this is the first Tesla design I like! I find the Model S and the Model 3 to be boring looking melted egg shapes.

I think this truck looks futuristic and solid!

I only have one word to describe it....Afterbirth.
if those doors and front don’t crumple all the energy from a crash is going to end up in the occupants making them emerge looking like...Afterbirth.

Reactions: jeff1225
I only have one word to describe it....Afterbirth.
if those doors and front don’t crumple all the energy from a crash is going to end up in the occupants making them emerge looking like...Afterbirth.

All vehicles in the US have to meet the same stringent safety and crash standards.

Reactions: howiebrou
All vehicles in the US have to meet the same stringent safety and crash standards.
I thought trucks were exempt in the US from the same standards that apply to normal cars? hopefully that’s changed. I wouldn’t mind a nice F150 Raptor myself ;)

I thought trucks were exempt in the US from the same standards that apply to normal cars? hopefully that’s changed. I wouldn’t mind a nice F150 Raptor myself ;)

Trucks and cars are fundamentally different due to unibody vs body-on-frame construction and have different safety standards. Trucks' size and weight is an advantage in some crashes, in others you're better off with a unibody and crumple zones, but in general I think cars are in fact safer vs body-on-frame trucks.

Trucks and cars are fundamentally different due to unibody vs body-on-frame construction and have different safety standards. Trucks' size and weight is an advantage in some crashes, in others you're better off with a unibody and crumple zones, but in general I think cars are in fact safer vs body-on-frame trucks.
As I understand it this Tesla is not body on frame but a unibody design like modern SUVs (US brands not withstanding!) with its stainless steel exoskeleton?

As I understand it this Tesla is not body on frame but a unibody design like modern SUVs (US brands not withstanding!) with its stainless steel exoskeleton?

I don't think it's a traditional unibody... unibody has formed sections that acts as a structural component like a frame, and the doors and fenders are not structural. It seems like the outer body panels of the Tesla are indeed structural components, which is VERY different from a unibody car or SUV.

Pretty much all SUVs in the US are unibody, with the exception of the full sized ones that are based on half-ton pickup truck chassis.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing