Waversa Digital Filter

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
where did your guys order from?
was anyone able to buy from audiooutlet in korea?
I dropped them an email but I haven't gotten a response
Kevlin Audio based in Oregon. John, the owner is a true gentleman and audiophile. Very pleased with my purchase and the product he sells.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Hi...the one thing I would note about the Waversa LAN Reference Plus...which was very important in our experience...was that it continued to change quite dramatically until around 60 hours. I am not sure why, but what I can say is:

- we plugged it in...immediate solid improvement, notable and identifiable; plug, unplug, plug, unplug...repeatable
- let it run...and then around 55 hours in started to hear things on different albums that [from memory] were quite shocking...stronger, different..but I set it aside as my memory
- then at hour 60, it really took a radical turn of purity, clarity, organic nuance...and i went back to tracks I had been listening to at the beginning of setting it up.

Very big improvement...and then began a fun voyage of running thru 10-20 'reference albums'.

THEN, I had a loaner cable in...and got the actual cable I had purchased (same cable just a new one)...and went BACKWARDS. And then 60 hours later there was that same wave of improvements again...and then there were incremental improvements to around another 40-70 hours as the new cable settled in. But once it had, it was the same significant improvement. The Waversa LAN Reference Plus is a remarkable improvement to the Zanden digital...bringing it forward 10-15 years in control, detail and soundstage life...while maintaining the exact Zanden voice.

This is the only Waversa piece I have ever tried...and it is not the same one as yours though they do seem to be of the same principle. YMMV.
I'm with you. The dealer told me that the cable needs to stay in place for quite a period of time before one can realize the potential. And here I am popping cables in and out, in and out. And I know from experience this is almost always the case. The Muon cable was vexing. It went from good, to strange, to good, to awful, to stunning, and settled to very good but honestly, never returned to a day day period where it was stunning.

I haven't moved the Waversa USB cable for the last 2 days. Last night in my listening, I couldn't remove myself from my couch. I needed to retire to the bedroom but couldn't because the music kept playing. Now in fairness, I rearranged my equipment but did not make any cable changes. But it is a loaner cable and I feel the need to return the cable and other equipment loaned to me very generously.

I guess in retrospect, I should just leave the equipment alone for a good period of time then switch back rather than switching back and forth. My wife, who has big ears, is very busy with multiple jobs (to pay for this hobby...) and is needed for short periods of time to help evaluate changes in cables and devices. But still, my methodology needs to improve. I desperately need fellow audio buddies to enjoy, share, and help evaluate gear. And drink wine of course. The downside of moving to southern Utah.

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Thanks Michael, sorry I didn't mention I am in Europe
Oh, well, that's OK. Most of my equipment arrives from Europe, and England. Shoot John at Kevlin Audio a message. He can help you locate a dealer in your neck of the woods.

Reactions: _Alchemist_

MichaelHiFi

Jan 6, 2022
Michael,
Reading your comparative descriptions between the Muon and Waversa it appears that they certainly have different presentations.

Unless my interpretation of what you have written is wrong, there does not seem to be a clear-cut winner. Rather, both are excellent Network cables with their own specific signature/character.

No doubt that depending on the particular audio system or listeners involved would determine the preference of either cable. If I’m reading correctly then it’s clear one could not choose wrongly with either of them. They seem to be worthy competitors.
Charles
You know how it is Charles, depending upon tastes and system, it's always a tough call to announce a 'winner'. Now it was easy to me to suggest that a generic USB cable was not nearly as pleasant sounding as these expensive USB cables. And I noted that they all seem to have a sonic signature. Why that is baffles me. I was have thunk differences would be minute due to only the voltage leg of the cable.

I'm really liking the Waversa USB. I'll leave it in for a while and revert back to the Muon. But as you said, both are excellent USB cables.

Reactions: charles1dad

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing