What are some great shelf size amplifiers?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Everything is relative. A carpenter can biuild you a shelf a gorilla could swing on.

Last edited:

Fishfood

VIP/Donor
Jul 11, 2020
Everything is relative. A carpenter can bill you a shelf a gorilla could swing on.

He can't expand the small corner of the living room I'm allowed to fill with gear though!

We live in a small loft and there's just no space for anything bigger. Moving in a couple years. Can't wait

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
we-have-moved.png

InShot_20220211_135900965.jpg
The GM70 Integrated from Destination Audio is the ultimate integrated I've heard that has the SET tube signature you prefer...tremendous nuance from the bottom to the top. It bests my favorite 845's, 211's and 805s. It has phenomenal bass as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bonzo75

Fred Crane

Industry Expert
Apr 23, 2020
Lastly, the Trafomatic Rhapsody, somewhere in the middle of the price points on the list I've seen herein. Parallel single ended 300b's to perfection.
_MG_2301.jpg

_MG_2386.jpg
_MG_2283.jpg

Tuckers

VIP/Donor
Nov 18, 2020

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing