What are you currently listening to (Classical)?

rando

Sep 22, 2019
At one point I knew a fun story about this release (passed along socially with all that entails). Facts are fact checked so I'll stop at mentioning Soundmirror handled the recording and Reference Recordings took them on directly following this self release. Inclusion of Yuja Wang's performance Rachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" was worth any effort it required behind the scenes.

I'd say these test recordings got the acoustics worked out just fine. :)

1007212056d-2.jpg

Geert1962

Apr 18, 2014
The Netherlands
At one point I knew a fun story about this release (passed along socially with all that entails). Facts are fact checked so I'll stop at mentioning Soundmirror handled the recording and Reference Recordings took them on directly following this self release. Inclusion of Yuja Wang's performance Rachmaninoff's "Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini" was worth any effort it required behind the scenes.

View attachment 82607
Nice cd. Do you know if this cd is still for sale?

Reactions: Hifi man

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

View attachment 82607
After I could not find your Album on Qobuz, I found this Album and I really like what I'm hearing.
1633875434040.png

Last edited:

rando

Sep 22, 2019
Nice cd. Do you know if this cd is still for sale?

Typically these 'reminders' are excerpts (often riddled to some degree with voice overs) making a timely appearance in the lives of generous supporters.

Find the track listings and timings below along with answer to your question on retail availability.

Best of luck if you wish to track a copy down. :)

1010211007.jpg

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
Last weeks I have been watching the Chopin competition. Both the video and the sound were very good thanks to 4K registration and Dolby Atmos sound.
24 years old Bruce Liu from Canada won the competition showing very mature and deep understanding of the emotional complexity of Chopin music , combined with flawless technique. The final stage of the competition was on very high level indeed. Bruce Liu is a student of Dang Thai Son , another winner of Chopin competition from 1980 .

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing