What is the best 5U4G ?

May 3, 2017
My KR RK now has around 30 hours on it. I powered the unit down at 25 hours, for a few hours. Then powered it back up for 25-30 and listened. All the nastiness that I previously reported is gone. I feel that the tube still needs more time but now the phonostage sounds as you would expect, very good. The KR RK is still very different than the Tung Sol. I can tell now that the Tung-Sol's bass is exaggerated and sloppy compared the the RK. The RK has the upper hand in every department. I still have the RCA coming but in no rush to compare. I have a feeling at hour 50 the KR RK will reign supreme. I happened to come across dcc's system thread on audio nirvana and he mentioned he prefers the Tele e810f. Ill have to source a set of those as I'm interested in how good this phono can be. Right now, I am extremely happy with it.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I think his e810f was before his discovery of the KR, and then he moved to the RK

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe
My KR RK now has around 30 hours on it. I powered the unit down at 25 hours, for a few hours. Then powered it back up for 25-30 and listened. All the nastiness that I previously reported is gone. I feel that the tube still needs more time but now the phonostage sounds as you would expect, very good. The KR RK is still very different than the Tung Sol. I can tell now that the Tung-Sol's bass is exaggerated and sloppy compared the the RK. The RK has the upper hand in every department. I still have the RCA coming but in no rush to compare. I have a feeling at hour 50 the KR RK will reign supreme. I happened to come across dcc's system thread on audio nirvana and he mentioned he prefers the Tele e810f. Ill have to source a set of those as I'm interested in how good this phono can be. Right now, I am extremely happy with it.
And If you want to further improve the Allnic H3000, I suggest to bypass the internal SUT with an external one from Consolidated Audio. I am getting one custom made after I had the chance to test several units that Ana Mighty Sound brought me for a home audition.

May 3, 2017
And If you want to further improve the Allnic H3000, I suggest to bypass the internal SUT with an external one from Consolidated Audio. I am getting one custom made after I had the chance to test several units that Ana Mighty Sound brought me for a home audition.
Thanks for the input!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing